Home

Palworld

This is a discussion on Palworld within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2024, 03:24 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 8
Palworld

This game is kind of insane.

Imagine Pokemon with guns, and that's this game. But also kind of minecraft. I also can't believe that they are operating without a cease and desist from the company that owns Pokemon.

It just released to Early Access yesterday, and if you have gamepass then you can also get it there.

It's definitely comical, but the game kind of stands on its own merits. It does happen to intersect with some of my most hated modern gaming elements (open world survivalcraft), but having pokemon with guns kind of makes up for it. It's also much less restrictive than Pokemon games. You can catch any living being in your 'pokeball" and just have a lot of freedom with what you do with your captured creatures.

It's possible to play it solo if you want, but it's probably more so designed with a party in mind (you can choose to create your own private server or making a party one so that it is PvPvE).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2024, 04:39 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Palworld

I'm not even a Pokémon person, but I am having a blast with this game so far. It's like Ark and Valheim meet Pokémon.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 01-22-2024, 11:26 AM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Careful w/ fires. Friend had his entire base burn down and lost every station, boxes, supplies in those boxes, berry farms, stone and wood farms. Appears that if your water pals cant keep up your only options really is to deconstruct things to stop the fire.

So until you can build with stone, prepare appropriately.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started playing Palworld, too. It's like Pokemon entered a whole different universe where it's not just about battling and collecting but survival by any means. The world is vast, the design unique, and it allows for a personalized gaming experience.
I'm using a Palworld server host to run a private server for me and my friends. The performance has been smooth so far, which is not always a given with early-access games. Having a private server has been great in terms of load times and avoiding any lag that might disrupt the mayhem.

Last edited by aharman31495; 02-06-2024 at 04:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »