Home

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (Switch)

This is a discussion on Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (Switch) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #17
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (Switch)

This game is great. I didn't own a WiiU so I missed the last Smash, only briefly played Brawl when it first came out, so I haven't really played much Smash since Melee(which my friends and I sunk tons of hours into). Man, this game makes me nostalgic for those all-nighters we pulled playing Melee.

I'm so rusty, getting owned by low level computers lol.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #18
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Question: Can you unlock all the fighters by only playing through the classic mode. I'm not really feeling the adventure mode with all those conditions. I've noticed with the classic mode, after beating a fighters story, there's always a new challenger to unlock afterwards. Just wondering if we can say, be at everyone's "story" and unlock the roster that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #19
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

FYI: If you suck at the game like me, you can get a rematch to unlock fighters at the Challenger Approach. It's at the bottom right hand corner of the games and more screen. Man, it has saved me a lot of time as I lose about 80% of the challanges to unlock new fighters because I suck, and usually, I'm using a weak fighter. I'm running through these guys now with Incineroar!

Old 12-26-2018, 10:55 PM   #20
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

I don't have much experience with the Smash series, but am tempted to pick it up to see what all the hype is about. Would you guys recommend a relative newcomer playing this game?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-27-2018, 05:09 AM   #21
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Question: Can you unlock all the fighters by only playing through the classic mode. I'm not really feeling the adventure mode with all those conditions. I've noticed with the classic mode, after beating a fighters story, there's always a new challenger to unlock afterwards. Just wondering if we can say, be at everyone's "story" and unlock the roster that way.

Yes you can and you can unlock them in a certain order (kinda) if you wish. I believe this video shows what order they unlock in dependent on what character you go through the challenge with.

https://youtu.be/MqgGCYMaflA

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I don't have much experience with the Smash series, but am tempted to pick it up to see what all the hype is about. Would you guys recommend a relative newcomer playing this game?
The great thing about Smash is just how accessible it is. Being a newcomer to the series shouldn't affect you at all.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #23
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I recommend it to anyone who owns a Switch. I'm not into fighting games all that much, but Smash is an exception. It's made to be easy for just about anyone to pick up and play, while still being deep enough that the skill ceiling is quite high.

One thing I like about Smash above other "traditional" fighting games is there isn't some obscene combo list to memorize. You have a handful of moves and can basically create your own combos on the fly.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:55 AM   #24
Rookie

krtgolfing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
FYI: If you suck at the game like me, you can get a rematch to unlock fighters at the Challenger Approach. It's at the bottom right hand corner of the games and more screen. Man, it has saved me a lot of time as I lose about 80% of the challanges to unlock new fighters because I suck, and usually, I'm using a weak fighter. I'm running through these guys now with Incineroar!

I will have to check on this when I get home today. I know I have lost the last few fights I have tried. I royally suck at this game but enjoy playing against the CPU on a lower difficulty level.

EPL - Liverpool FC
MLB - Atlanta Braves
MLS - Charlotte FC
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
NFL - Carolina Panthers
NHL - Carolina Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »