Home

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2019, 06:50 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

Believe it or not I would say harder. Partly because of the tendency to play it like a Soulborne or Dark Souls game is there, and those games it is not. Maybe once I shake that the game will become easier for me?
Old 03-25-2019, 12:08 PM   #34
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

It’s harder because you can’t build up an OP character and plow through parts. You also can not pull in outside help on bosses.

That said, so far for me it is still very fun. It is not linear, so if you get stuck at the Butterfly boss, you may want to look where you are at in the normal world. For example, I am bouncing back to take on bosses that will strengthen my attack before I go back to her.

The difficulty of the game makes it more addictive. When you go back to parts that seemed hard, and clear them fast because your skill improved, and not your character, that is really awesome aspect of the game.

I have no idea how tough it can get yet, but From is great because their games are designed for you to improve at the base mechanics. And doing that is more rewarding than cheesing your way through a play through, IMO.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:19 PM   #35
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Tried defeating Juzou the Drunkard for like an hour before calling it a day. I have a good idea on how to beat the guy, it’s the execution that’s the problem. lol
I am on him currently as well but I might go back to another part so I can strengthen my attack. I actually almost beat him the first time I faced him but ended up dying. I was surprised I almost beat the first time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2019, 12:52 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has anyone figured out how to get the item way up on the ledge when the game first starts and you are in the cave? If you turn around and swim across the water you'll see a ledge way up and there's an item up there. I've tried everything including grabbing the rope and pulling myself up but the game wouldn't let me do that.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Believe it or not I would say harder. Partly because of the tendency to play it like a Soulborne or Dark Souls game is there, and those games it is not. Maybe once I shake that the game will become easier for me?
... And as interesting as I may find this game, it will probably go right to the "not going to play this ever" pile, as Dark Souls did after one brief attempt. If I can't handle Dark Souls, I certainly can't handle something tougher.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 PM   #38
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm not a big "Souls" player, but I did complete Bloodborne (shoutout to 42 for helping me through a section) and played a little of Dark Souls 3. I consider those very solid games, but I'm already more into Sekiro than I was either of those two games. Being a badass shinobi is just more interesting to me than the whole gothic lore. My expectations have been exceeded.

This game does everything Nioh did, but better. I mentioned the other day that it looked very fluid while watching videos, but I was still surprised by how well it plays when it got my hands on it. Everything from how you can climb walls and grab ledges, to the grappling hook mechanics are on point. The combat itself a lot of fun, and it feels rewarding to take enemies out. We've got a good one here.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 03-25-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:25 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Lady Butterfly is no joke!
Old 03-27-2019, 12:38 AM   #40
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Lady Butterfly is no joke!
Took me 2 straight hours to beat that boss. I thought I had her beat after 1 hour but then .... you know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »