Home

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #41
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

Most of you are well past this section of the game, so I'm sure that you can relate to this video. The very second that I saw the snake, I literally said, "oh hell no" to myself out loud.

This attempt was a complete and absolute failure. Everything from scared air whiff at the very beginning, to the way that I plummeted to my death, was pitiful. When I got attacked and it zoomed in on my character's face I just started laughing to myself. I think even he knew that it wasn't going to end well.

This game is ****ing awesome.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 11:05 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Decided to take a breather from Lady Butterfly to instead focus my attention on a different challenge.
Spoiler

To my surprise I managed to come out victorious rather easily (by Sekiro standards).

Now I have a couple interesting quests to do which hopefully result in beefing up my stats before heading back to conquer Lady Butterfly.

Agreed, Pappy. This game is ****ing awesome.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:02 PM   #43
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Decided to take a breather from Lady Butterfly to instead focus my attention on a different challenge.
Spoiler

To my surprise I managed to come out victorious rather easily (by Sekiro standards).

Now I have a couple interesting quests to do which hopefully result in beefing up my stats before heading back to conquer Lady Butterfly.

Spoiler

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 03-28-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #44
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Spoiler

I just got to Lady Butterfly. Did better than I thought I would but died both times I faced her. I think I can get by her though hopefully within the next few tries but we will see. I am not going to lie I have been looking up hints for the bosses but even with hints it is still hard to beat them. Didn't look for hints for Lady Butterfly yet though.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:28 PM   #45
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Spoiler

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 04:55 AM   #46
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Finished this the other day and immediately started NG+. Last boss bodied me for nearly 3 hours before all the attack patterns were engraved in my brain. I would rank it just behind Bloodborne. Amazing game. Between Bloodborne, Dark Souls III (especially the fantastic DLC), and now Sekiro, From Software is on a roll.

With Lady Butterfly, there's actually a high chance to stun lock her with the very move the game encourages you to use versus agile enemies in the tutorial upon meeting her; Dodge -> Attack. Repeatably doing this, I managed to interrupt her animations and hit her a handful of times in a row throughout the fight. One of the few cheesy things I've came across.

General tip: Deflecting and Attacking in equal measures, thus dealing extra Posture damage is the best chance for success. You can whittle down Vitality, but it can be tedious. In most cases you want to be on the offensive and engage in Deflect wars. Just be mindful of when your attack is Deflected to be ready to Deflect yourself, because attacking again more often than not will have you getting punished.

Also, unlock the Ichimonji combat art when you can. It's great against many enemies in the game. Not only does it do more Posture damage, but it also recovers some of your own in the process.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #47
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

I really like the flow of the constant deflect and attack with the occasional Dodge or jump added in. Much different than Bloodborne where it's more dodging based and just punishing certain moves or at least that's how I played.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #48
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Does the game look better on screen? I'm not a fan of the way it looks in videos..very last gen ish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »