Home

Cocaine arrest halts sales of Sega game.

This is a discussion on Cocaine arrest halts sales of Sega game. within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2019, 06:13 AM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Cocaine arrest halts sales of Sega game.

https://kotaku.com/after-cocaine-arr...ame-1833252934

Yakuza is my favorite video game series, so I've been very excited about the release of Judgment Eyes, which is a new series set in that same universe. Apparently, a voice actor got arrested on a cocaine-related charge and Sega is taking drastic measures because of it.

Shutting down the whole show due to one person's issue is a very strange concept to me, but Japanese culture is different. Hopefully this is doesn't have an impact on the Western release for too long because I need this game. C'mon, Sega. ****.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 03-13-2019 at 06:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2019, 09:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Cocaine arrest halts sales of Sega game.

Personally, Sega is being stupid. The actor is literally punishing himself and Sega pulling Judge Eyes (in Japan) from being sold is just stupid. Game has been out there since December and if anything, doing this puts even more of a focus on the situation which from my point of view isn't even a situation. Game is done. Actor did what he was paid to do. If he wants to do stupid crap(which he obviously did), that's up to him.

As a gamer and Yakuza fan as well, I don't care about what this actor does or doesn't do. Means nothing to me. I just care about the game and in this case, Sega pulling it is just dumb. The NA version is set for June 25th which is perfect for this kind of game. If it gets delayed, im not expecting it until early 2020 and only if it's a dead early 2020.

Just a dumb move period. Let's lose money from sales. Let's disappoint and piss off our fans who wanted to buy the game in japan but no longer can as well as doing the same for Western fans who were looking forward to it plus to top it all off, let's spend even more money by recasting and refilming the role that actor played despite the fact that the original copy with the original actor was still available in Japan for the last few months.

Like I said, stupid decision and one that will hurt Sega more than if they just stayed on course and didn't do anything at all.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #3
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

This is a Japanese thing not a Sega thing:

https://kotaku.com/why-japan-is-so-s...ugs-1833286755

Apparently any drug issues get you blackballed in Japan.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #4
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I didn't see a judgement thread so is anyone playing this ? Its getting good reviews so far on Metacritic.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:32 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I didn't see a judgement thread so is anyone playing this ? Its getting good reviews so far on Metacritic.
Waiting for my copy to arrive. I plan on putting a lot of time into it this weekend, so I'll be sure to drop my thoughts when I do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 12:26 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yeah. Completed it over the weekend. Great 8.0/10 in my opinion as the story carries the game. Gameplay wise, im simply over the Yakuza formula as Judgment was the 4th game I have played in literally a year. One of the very few games in which I have more negatives than positives but the story was excellent so it made up for the gameplay negatives I had.

Really hoping that they change the formula for next gen because it needs it badly in my opinion.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:27 AM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Yeah. Completed it over the weekend. Great 8.0/10 in my opinion as the story carries the game. Gameplay wise, im simply over the Yakuza formula as Judgment was the 4th game I have played in literally a year. One of the very few games in which I have more negatives than positives but the story was excellent so it made up for the gameplay negatives I had.

Really hoping that they change the formula for next gen because it needs it badly in my opinion.
I can definitely understand a bit of fatigue with the formula, especially after playing multiple iterations within such a short period of time. With the gameplay being identical in each one, I personally feel like they're best experienced with a bit of a break between them. I enjoy the big battles and boss fights a lot, but the stories are by far my main reason for playing these Yakuza games. That's what's going to keep me coming back for as long as they keep pumping them out.

I'm only a few chapters into Judgment, but I'm enjoying it so far. The buildup was a little slow in chapter 1, but things picked up quickly after that. I look forward to making my way through the rest of the story.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #8
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

so is the detective work as bad/easy/repetitive as the reviews say?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »