Home

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4,PS5)

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4,PS5) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2020, 06:02 PM   #65
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4,PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Man, the absolute rush when this song came on....

ENDGAME SPOILER in the video name (even if you're familiar with OG FF7)

Spoiler

Still sorting out my thoughts after beating it, plus there's a lot of stuff to do post-game. All in all, it will definitely be one of my favorite games of the year.

That track was so damn hype! I paused the game when that 3rd phase transition happened so I could listen for a solid 5 minutes to it. They went above and beyond with the OST in this game.

I’m in the same boat as you are, the game was an absolute treat start to finish. I’m still sorting through my thoughts about the ending and how the game played out, but I haven’t enjoyed a game this much in a long long time. I’ll put my faith in Square to continue this right and I think the choices they made with the story overall leave some interesting possibilities.

I’ve started playing through on hard mode sporadically for an hour or two a night, highly recommend taking a shot at it once folks finish, just for the interesting addition of not being able to use items. It’s made me completely readjust my play style, rely more on timely blocking, the counterstance ability, and taking advantage of some of the unique materia the game has to offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #66
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

That ending. Do not open this spoiler unless you beat the game:

Spoiler

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 04-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #67
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Im about 20 hours in. Having a blast and taking my sweet *** time with it lol.

Im just really confused how they are going to make the next couple parts.

Will we have all our leveled up materia? Stats be leveled as much as they are?

It just seems like we will be really overpowered when starting the next game.

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:04 PM   #68
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
Im about 20 hours in. Having a blast and taking my sweet *** time with it lol.

Im just really confused how they are going to make the next couple parts.

Will we have all our leveled up materia? Stats be leveled as much as they are?

It just seems like we will be really overpowered when starting the next game.

I’m wondering this myself, my theory is that they’ll be some sort of save game transfer and if you have certain things done it will correspond to little carryovers. For example, if you max a lightning materia, you’ll start with one at rank 2. Slight benefit but nothing game breaking.

Alternatively, they could just start us out with a set cache of materia that is similar to what we’d have had if we played through the story of this game.

They could play it like White Knight Chronicles 1/2 (a gem from the PS3 era by the way) and have characters start at a set level no matter what, but work in the first game transfers some benefits, equipment, money over to the second game.

At this point it’s all speculation, but I have to imagine there will be a carryover benefit of some sort. The previous sequels without ability carryovers (FFX-FFX-2 and the FF13 trilogy) had at least some story justification you could make for the character losing their abilities, or starting over. There isn’t so much of that in this case imo. Not to mention it incentivizes playing both games.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 0

Finished the game the other day. Quick summary. Normal difficulty. Over 60 hours of play time. No spoilers.

Visuals - 10/10 (superb)
With the exception of some low res textures, character pop-in and minor NPC's not being detailed enough, the game as a whole still looks superb. All the main characters look great and the world itself looks amazing. While not the best implementation, HDR looks good and gives the game that extra "pop".

Audio - 10/10 (superb)
Superb soundtrack even though the music does repeat at times with superb voice acting and sound effects as well. No major issues here.

Gameplay - 9.0/10 (excellent)
Excellent combat, upgrading and materia system. It's fluid and responsive. My biggest issue was with the camera during combat. It was literally never positioned where I wanted it to be. Late in the game, I somewhat fixed this issue by switching the "rotate to enemies" when locked on an enemy from the Right Analog stick to the left and right directional buttons. This allowed me to use the Right Analog stick to rotate the camera and help fix (but not solve) the bad camera in the game. Really don't understand how testers missed that to be honest. Otherwise, everything else is excellent.

Story and Characters - 9.0/10 (excellent)
Won't say much here except all the main characters are excellent. Liked them all. Story itself is also excellent and this is only episode one of who knows how many. Only played the original for maybe 30 minutes if that as it wasn't for me but the Remake definitely won me over. My rating is strictly based on the Remake itself. Last two chapters and ending did drag on a little too long for me and I was somewhat confused and those will see why when they complete the game themselves. With that said, im looking forward to the future episodes on next gen hardware.

Optional Side Content - 7.0/10 (good)
Me saying the side quests being good is me being generous. While there are a few standout side quests, the vast majority of them are fetch/filler quests. If it wasn't for the XP, etc. needed to level up, I would have skipped them. In short, they're fine with a few stand outs.

Overall - 9.0/10 (excellent)
Quite simply, Final Fantasy VII Remake is an excellent game overall that accomplished what the original could never do for me - care about Final Fantasy VII. That it of itself has me looking forward to the future episodes on next generation hardware.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:49 AM   #70
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Finished this last night. Not going to discuss the ending as it was what I expected. The game for me started off as a great nostalgia trip, and ended in a slog of padding and tedium. Hopefully the next installment is more condensed and covers more plot. Would prefer similar "on rails" confined areas like this and FFXIII allowing for the more focused storytelling and exciting set pieces.

Not sure if I'll revisit it. Maybe after some technical glitches (like the textures) get ironed out. I will say the soundtrack was fantastic with the ending battles particularly epic, and the initial Air Buster metal theme was straight fire.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim

Last edited by JohnnytheSkin; 05-01-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:05 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Well, we can fill in those question marks in the thread title with at least PS5 now:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02...-june-10-2021/

Free upgrade to anyone who owns it on PS4 (although that's limited to being the same version you purchased, and boy am I glad I went for the digital version long before buying a discless PS5). There's also going to be a new DLC episode available for purchase featuring Yuffie, and the way info on that right now reads is that it'll only be playable on the PS5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2021, 09:02 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

And more Remake news: This game is on the PS+ Free monthly games list for March. HOWEVER.....people who redeem that without purchasing the game aren't eligible for the PS5 upgrade when it comes out. Odd decision there, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game goes on sale before June.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »