Home

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

This is a discussion on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #57
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
They don’t like how enemies don’t show up on the mini map when firing their weapon (even though you can see red dots on the compass when someone fires their weapon), don’t like the map design, the ttk is too fast. One thing I will agree with is they need to fix the spawning.
I do think the ttk is too fast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:27 PM   #58
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
The aim assist is really strong in this game. Controllers aren't really at a disadvantage at all. Shroud and Skadoodle who are very good at aiming in their own right lost multiple games to controller players.
I will give you the aim assist thing, actually. At first I was crediting myself for being better than I thought I was, but there was one kill where I kind of said: "Nuh uh, I didn't do that that well." You got me there for sure.

And if TTK stands for "time to kill" like the amount of bullets required, I don't know I'm kind of okay with it. People were mentioning bullets were way too spongey in BO4, and I'm guessing this is their response to it.

I do wish there was a game where if you were shot in the leg a bunch or even the heart, you had moments of time to stay alive and do something before your life time bomb just detonates and you die, like you slowly deteriorate (in other words, though there are some shots where your health can regenerate, there is a moment where your mortality is definite). I think that's where we're going next with multiplayer FPS games if we're able to, that combined with injuries possibly slowing you or limiting you. I think some people will find reason to be upset over being too realistic though, but I'd love to see a game do that.

I do miss the original COD where there wasn't health regeneration though, too. Maybe it was just in a modded version of MP rooms, but you needed to get health packs or a medic to revive you, or your health simply was "as is."
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 09-15-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I do wish there was a game where if you were shot in the leg a bunch or even the heart, you had moments of time to stay alive and do something before your life time bomb just detonates and you die, like you slowly deteriorate (in other words, though there are some shots where your health can regenerate, there is a moment where your mortality is definite). I think that's where we're going next with multiplayer FPS games if we're able to, that combined with injuries possibly slowing you or limiting you. I think some people will find reason to be upset over being too realistic though, but I'd love to see a game do that.

I do miss the original COD where there wasn't health regeneration though, too. Maybe it was just in a modded version of MP rooms, but you needed to get health packs or a medic to revive you, or your health simply was "as is."
There are. They're called tactical shooters like Operation Flashpoint, Hidden & Dangerous, ect...

Your not gonna see it in casual mainstream shooters which are mostly marketed to kids. Especially in this day and age.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #60
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraticus
There are. They're called tactical shooters like Operation Flashpoint, Hidden & Dangerous, ect...

Your not gonna see it in casual mainstream shooters which are mostly marketed to kids. Especially in this day and age.
Gotcha.

I'm also really just saying that outside of headshots, I'm not so sure that hitting any other part of the body changes the TTK count (if I'm using the right acronym heh). If you shoot somebody in the heart three times or the foot three times, I think both would equate to the same amount of health damage if you know what I mean.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-19-2019, 01:21 PM   #61
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Weekend two! Let's get it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #62
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

Overall I've had a good time playing this COD. Thought BO4 was kind of mediocre at best and only was playing because some friends still play Blackout mode. I really hope they can add Battle Royale down the line because it would be what I always dreamed Pubg would become and never did if it had a BR mode. Overall satisfied so far from what I've gotten out of MW just need the cherry on top.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:08 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I think map design is going to hold this one back from being as tactical as they want to be. Shoebox/linear map design is awful. Anyone can succeed at this game by being campy and holding lanes down. That's exactly what it is to me.. a lane shooter. You don't have much freedom of movement on the maps and that's basically every other COD.

Player movement is extremely limited compared to even BFV. It feels clunky and unresponsive.

If the 32v32 mode isn't good then it's probably a pass for me. There's just not much skill involved with the gun mechanics/play to me. Didn't actually think I'd be a negative nancy because my 2v2 impressions were positive, but it's just an old turd with new polish at this point.

It's the only game where you can go 25-5 one round and the next 5-25 because so much of what is going on is out of your own control.

Last edited by AUChase; 09-20-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:28 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 4

Im liking siege more atm for my tactical shooter. Will probably still buy this but it has quite a few issues for now. Dont know if anyone has tried matchmaking with more then 2 people but thats a mess.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »