Home

Favorite game of the decade.

This is a discussion on Favorite game of the decade. within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2019, 01:26 PM   #33
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Favorite game of the decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I had this whole write-up about ME2 and ME3....and then scrapped it.

Life is Strange.....hands-down one of the most poignant and emotional games I have ever played. I played the game having never seen any of it...and I am thankful for that. This is a game I wish play again for the first time....
Josh, have you played the second season yet? I'm a couple of episodes in and it's pretty good so far

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 12-31-2019, 01:38 PM   #34
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Josh, have you played the second season yet? I'm a couple of episodes in and it's pretty good so far
I haven't played Life is Strange 2 yet (been waiting for all episodes to release).

I DID play the prequel to the first one, it wasn't AS good as the original, but still a fine game. I felt like the prequel was just a tad "easy" in the sense of making the optimal choices for the best outcome. The original game though was gut-wrenching at times...
Old 12-31-2019, 02:25 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I probably have to mention games from the early part of the decade that I still play today as being on this list, so....Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

XCOM EU/EW and its sequel (the latter of which I still play frequently)

Persona 5 might be my favorite single title of the entire decade.

There are so many titles on the next tier down - the R* North games, Dragon Quest 11, P4 Golden, and many, many more. Witcher 3 would probably be there if I wasn't still trying to get through it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 02:28 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

If you know nothing about The Witcher games, books, tv, can you just jump into the Witcher 3?
Old 12-31-2019, 02:33 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 0

Boy, as I reflect on the last 10 years i keep coming back to Mass Effect. The original might be my favorite game of all time.

But looking 2010 and onwards I still think I would give it to the Mass Effect franchise. That series single handedly got me back into gaming. I first played Mass Effect in 2010 and the whole end game stretch from Virmire on hooked me like no other game has. From 2010 to 2014 I played through the trilogy so many times I've lost count. It was literally the only series of games I played from like 2011 to 2014.

So I cant justify any other game except from the ME series. Having to pick between Mass Effect 2 and 3 (since they came out this decade) I'd pick Mass Effect 3. The ending is bad, although with the extended cut its serviceable. The DLC to that game really fleshed out the whole experience and in my opinion makes it a notch behind Mass Effect 1. I know Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic game, but in the whole arc of the trilogy the highs of Mass Effect 3 are tough to beat.

Plus I put close to 500 hours into the ME3 multiplayer. No other game comes close for me.

As a couple honorable mentions I'd throw in Life is Strange (Season 1), Batman: Arkham Origins(yes, Origins), and Walking Dead Season 1.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-31-2019, 02:53 PM   #38
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
If you know nothing about The Witcher games, books, tv, can you just jump into the Witcher 3?
100% yes. I have not played either previous game.

Just jump to 3. It is amazing.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-31-2019, 02:59 PM   #39
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
I know Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic game, but in the whole arc of the trilogy the highs of Mass Effect 3 are tough to beat
I 100% agree with this point. When I had originally started drafting my response for ME (before changing my mind and going with LiS) I was going down this same road.

ME2 was structured like a season of Star Trek (along the lines of DS9 (Season 6 or 7). Lots of good episodes with a central thread uniting them all the way to the massive 2 hour season finale kind of deal. I loved it!

But man, ME3 was written like a full-throated SciFi movie that just kept coming at you with more and more intensity. SO many incredible moments (I literally cried on more than one occasion - some tears of joy and others not).
Old 12-31-2019, 10:43 PM   #40
All Star

I was just about to make this thread lol. I did a top 10.

1. Zelda Breath of the wild (2017) switch
I have always loved Zelda games it my favorite video game franchise and I didn’t fill like the formula was getting stale at all unlike a lot of people but I still love this game. In a lot of ways it doesn't fill like a Zelda game with no real dungeons other then Hyrule castle and the story is lacking but its still my all time favorite video game ever and I think the sequel can easily be better sense its lacking some normal Zelda stuff that is what is so exciting about it going forward. Being able to climb ever were is a game changer.

2.Batman arkham knight (2015) ps4
All 3 of the batman arkham games are not only some of my favorite 2010-19 games but some of my favorite games period and this game still looks better graphic wise then most games and I love the batmobile and the envirment take downs was a nice thing to had. Duel play was a great new feature but was underused. If other arkham game is made at some point I would like to see this feture used more. I am starting to think another arkham game will never be made though and ever thing has just been fake rumors.

3. Batman arkham city (2011) ps3
Too like ever thing that was great about aslyum and made it a lot better. Its hard to go back to aslyum after you play the other arkham games has aslyum fills so limited has the game is so much smaller and there is a lot less combat moves and no side missions in aslyum. City has my favorite soundtrack of the 4 arkham games.

4. Batman arkham origins (2013) ps3
Love the game guess I am lucky because I never had issues with bugs like a lot of people did. My biggest issue with the game is just that it fills a lot like city has it doesn't do much to really fill like a fresh new game when it comes to the gameplay. Love its Christmas music and setting. Also found the story to be way overrated hate that joker was black mask

5.Horizon zero dawn (2017) ps4
Being able to fight robot dinosaurs like how cool is that? The different robots are very cool and some of them are pretty hard and has good has the game is its dlc may be even better then the main game. Its dlc is pretty long and the new creatures in the dlc are great. Love the like bear that hits you with ice.

6. Donkey Kong country tropical freeze (2014) wii u
Donkey kong country tropical freeze is my second favorite game of all the DK games and I have always found DK to be underrated has I think DK is a better franchise then Mario. I have said before this game is like worth playing just for its amazing soundtrack and the soundtrack gets like better with each word. The level design is amazing to.

7. Spiderman ps4 (2018) ps4
Had been like 8 years sense a good spiderman game before this and this game did not disappoint at all. So many different suits. The main theme music is so spiderman. The game has a good story with a lot of heart and emotion was not expecting it to make me cry like it did. The combat is similar to the arkham games but different has spiderman is a lot more agile and faster than batman. Knowing how good insomanic is I can’t wait for the sequel has it will most likely be a lot better even though this is already a great game. The city is a lot more alive then the akrham games and that is nice has its something that started to bother me a little bit with the akrham games.

8. ratchet and clank into the nexus (2013) ps3
Great game that is similar to crack in time my favorite ratchet game and ratchet is my second favorite video game franchise behind only Zelda. Only issue is the game is a lot shorter then some of the other games in the franchise.

9. Splatoon 2(2017) switch
Not normally into shooting games has I hate first person view but this is 3rd person view not first and I find most shooting games all fill/play the same. This game plays so much different then other shooting games and the game also had a really good single player DLC and that was really the only issue at first with the game was the fact its single player was short.

10. Rayman legends (2013) wii u
A lot like DK great level dising and music. I love the music levels that play music with like what you do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »