Home

2020 Gaming Plans

This is a discussion on 2020 Gaming Plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 2020 Gaming Plans

MLB The Show 20 - historical rosters
NBA 2K11 - hardwood classic historical rosters
Zuma - xbox 360 marble shooting game that I'm stuck on a level I can't get past

This is all good enough for me
Old 06-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #74
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Playing Now
TLOU 2

Completed
I'm not a negative guy when it comes to reviews if you pay attention to my other post your notice that. However it was a rough stretch for me as I waited till LOU to come out

Death Stranding (3/10) - This game simply isn't any fun and is the least fun I've had in a game. The story was so weird and long I just skipped the cutscenes even at the end of the game. I did manage to play 40 hours which is because I was home bored. I didn't play the creators other games so maybe he use to be a genius, but he isn't anymore. The game didn't need to be as long as it was with repetitive gameplay. They also gave you so many gadgets I lost track of them all.

Control (3.5/ 10) - Their decision to not have difficulty setting mixed with a horrible checkpoint system may have been the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game. You might appeal to the hardcore crowd, but the average guy like me doesn't have the stick skills. I gave up even trying because on top of dying so much the checkpoint system brought me back a few minutes away. If they had just had 1 of the 2 I might could have finished the game because the gameplay was fun. Those two things combined were so mind blowing bad I'm happy the game didn't sell well. The fact that this game won so many game of the year awards is a crime.

Watch Dogs 2 (9/10) - On a brighter note I absolutely loved this game and it easily makes my top 10 this gen. The silly light hearted tone in this game was the right move from the 1st game while not going to far over the top. The gameplay was different enough and I liked the smaller map and being able to fast travel. I even got the platinum trophy which is rare for me. The story was good enough and I can't wait for the next one.

Tropico 6 (7.5/10) - I was planning on giving this a higher review however the last few missions got incredible tedious so I quit playing. I'm a massive fan of the Caribbean so I enjoyed that part of the game. It had been forever since I played this type of game and it was a good time killer. I just wish the last few missions were not so dang tough to finish. Overall I enjoyed my time with this one and it was good change of pace game that deep down I wanted to rate higher.

Batman Enemy Within (7/10) - This is the season 2 telltale and it was a solid game that killed a week of time at home. I picked it up cheap and quickly traded it back in to get a few bucks for.

Previous 2020 Completions
Judgement (8 /10)
God of War (8.5 /10)
Ghostbusters Remaster (8 / 10)
Uncharted 4 (10 / 10)
LOU Left Behind DLC (9/10)
GTA 5 (8.5 /10)
A Way Out - (7.5 /10)
NBA 2K20 (8/10)

Might Buy Soon
The Outer Worlds - Just waiting on a sale at GameStop
AO Tennis 2 - It seems like one I'll never buy
Maneater - I'm going to wait on a sale
Saints Row 3 - I'm going to try and squeeze this in before the ps5 gets here.

Backlog
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Its next up after LOU2
Dreams - My cousin has this and I want to dabble with it for a few hours at some point

Strongly Interested in (not out yet)
Cyberpunk 2077 - The last delay just confirms I'll wait and play it for ps5
Watch Dogs Legion - Really anxious for more details its been about a year
Ghost of Tsushima - I'll wait and see what reviews say I may also wait for next gen
Marvel Avengers - I still don't know what to make of this one
Mafia Trilogy - I'll wait for the 1st one to come out and buy the physical version

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I started the year off not sure how I would get everything played. A bright spot for the world being on hold for a few months and the winter time I've been playing a ton of games. My main fear now is cashing in on the $48,000 gamestop points I have and them having a used games sale.

Playing Now
Control - I just started this last night and only played for a little bit. I'm worried about no difficulty level so hopefully its not to hard. I don't think its going to blow me away as I'm not feeling the story at first glance.

Completed
Uncharted 4 (10 / 10) - My 2nd time playing this and first since launch I love the pacing its been a heck of a ride for Nathon. I was able to beat on hard which is a lot for me though I did cheat and pull out the RPG a lot. I even played the survivor mode which was a pretty easy way to get trophies. My all time favorite non sports series so what happens next will be interesting.

LOU Left Behind DLC (9/10) - Just finished this a few days and perfect timing with a few months in between replaying the main game and then 2nd one coming out. I wish more games did story DLC even if its short like this one. They do a better job with trophies then the original game. It helped to get reminded of her backstory.

GTA 5 (8.5 /10 - I had played part of it on the ps3 and finally got around to beating it on the ps4 and enjoyed it. I knocked it because I hated the flying and to many of the missions ending up with car chases. I got all the $ at the end, but at the point I was done with the game so didn't do me much good. I'm probably comparing it to RDR 2 which may not be fair.

Dark Pictures Man of Medan (6.5/10) - Its hard for me to play these types of games and not compare them to Detroit. I didn't like how you have like 2 seconds to hit the correct button and if you miss then someone dies. I had one section I replayed 4 or 5 times and still couldn't get the person to live. I also wish I would have turned the brightness up sooner so I knew where to walk. It was a solid story just the controls and how it decides who lives is a miss.

A Way Out - (7.5 /10) - I started this up a while back and when my cousin came over we picked it up and finished it. You definitely want to play this with someone you know and talk while playing. That will make up for the graphics and mediocre gameplay. The ending was awesome and its a unique co-op adventure.

NBA 2K20 (8/10) - I guess its time for me to put 2k here since I've not played it in a month which is rare as usual I play till late summer. I only did my career this year so when my buddies quit playing and I maxed my guy out with ratings and badges. Those combined with real basketball stopping made it a odd year for me with this game. I miss playing my league, but I'm worried for 2k21.

Previous 2020 Completions
Judgement (8 /10)
God of War (8.5 /10)
Ghostbusters Remaster (8 / 10)

Want to Buy Soon
The Outer Worlds - Just waiting on a sale at gamestop
Watchdogs 2 - Waiting to hear more about the 3rd one before I buy.
Death Stranding - Looks like I'll have time to play this now
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - I don't know anything about star wars but it looks fun
AO Tennis 2 - I wish there was a demo for me to play
Dreams - Positive reviews I'm just not sure how I will play it.

Backlog
Nothing Major

Strongly Interested in
Cyberpunk 2077 - Waiting for a confirm of updated graphics for ps5 launch
Watch Dogs Legion - Really anxious for more details its been about a year
Ghost of Tsushima - The latest trailer has me more excited
Marvel Avengers - I still don't know what to make of this one
Maneater - The new IGN preview seemed positive so i'll wait for reviews

Pre Ordered
Last of Us 2 - I have this game penciled in for June and July

Last edited by georgiafan; 06-25-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #75
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Apologies for missing this thread.

So far in 2020, I've picked up:

MLB The Show 20
The Witcher 3 (Switch)
RBI Baseball 20 (Switch)

Might get Animal Crossing, too, since I won't be leaving my house for the foreseeable future.

No plans to get PS5, Xbox Series X this year. I may get a newer version of the Switch, as my OG's battery life in handheld mode isn't very good.
I did get Animal Crossing, and a new Switch (went with the Lite and what a nice upgrade in terms of comfort). Still no plans to get a new console later this year.

Current plans:
-Finish Luigi's Mansion 3 (on Floor 13)
-Finish The Witcher 3 main story (I'm playing on Easy so I can focus on that story; I plan on revisiting the game later and diving into the sidequests)
-Continue to play Animal Crossing (looking forward to the next week's update to go swimming and diving!)

After I finish LM3 and TW3:
-Start Fire Emblem Three Houses (had a save file, but stopped after 10-15 hours, so will start from the beginning)
-Spend more time playing Super Mario Maker 2
-Dive into Super Mega Baseball 3

Have sports games on the PS4 and XB1, but honestly am a bit burned out on them, so taking a break and will revisit when the interest returns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 01:50 PM   #76
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

Haven't had a huge amount of game time lately but what I am playing:

PS4:

Red Dead Redemption 2: my second playthrough. In chapter 4 now and doing as many challenges and everything else I can with Arthur.

The Witcher 3: my first playthrough, I have been playing from time to time since I got it on sale last fall on the PSN store. Definitely a fun game.

PC:

Planet Zoo: this game is great. This is right up my alley in terms of the PC games I like. Play it here and there and I am building an epic zoo.

Sports games:

These just don't do it for me like the used to. It is harder for me to become engaged in the genre these days.

Most recently I was playing some MLB but I can't get engaged in it and pulled it from my rotation back in May.

Future purchases:

The Avengers game for sure.
Debating on getting any new sports games. Likely not.
PS5 is doubtful for me at this point.

Backlog:
I have a big backlog of games I want to start and/or finish. A small assortment of them including:

God of War
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 06-26-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:52 PM   #77
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Currently Playing:

Persona 5 Royal - 2nd Palace

Nioh - 2nd Twilight Mission in the Kyushu Region

FIFA 19 - Manchester United Career Mode Season 1

Madden 20 - Miami Dolphins Franchise Season 5

This is my rotation which I don't see changing for a while. Having a blast with all these games.

I finished Persona 5 Royal and had an amazing time with it. Easily my GOAT game. Stopped playing Nioh; I didn't find it to be that much fun beyond being a challenge. FIFA and Madden I'll pick back up once I get a PC to play and mod.

Right now I'm playing 2k20 MyLeague, Nier Automata, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 06-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #78
MVP

Halfway through 2020 and only 5 months until NEXT GEN!!!

CURRENTLY PLAYING
- Nothing. Finished TLOUP2 earlier today and will start Desperados III on Monday. Played the tutorial for it before TLOUP2 came out and really enjoyed it so im looking forward to playing it.

2020 COMPLETED
- Metro Exodus: Sam's Story expansion (8.0/10. Story and characters is very well done and finally, the protagonist (Sam) actually has full voice acting which I hope 4A Games copies for Artyom in the next Metro game.)

- Darksiders Genesis (8.5/10. Great twin stick shooter with melee combat, puzzles and platforming. Good boss fights. Solid story. Beautiful visuals. Great music and voice acting.)

- The Division 2: Warlords of New York (8.5/10. Great expansion. Really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what The Division 3 will be like on next generation hardware.)

- Remnant: From the Ashes (8.0/10. Finally officially completed the game as I was stuck near the end last summer when I first played it. Great game. Excellent boss fights. Beautiful visuals and art style. Excellent gunplay and shooting mechanics.)

- Resident Evil 3 (8.5/10. Gorgeous visuals. Good audio. Excellent gameplay and combat. Good story and characters. Enjoyed it despite never playing the original but REmake2 is still superior in my eyes.)

- Final Fantasy VII Remake (9.0/10. Stunning game. Excellent music, sound and voice acting. Excellent gameplay and combat system. Horrible camera during combat in my opinion though. Good story and excellent characters even though it gets confusing at the end. Never played the original or any FF game for that matter. Will definitely see future episodes through to completion.)

- Trials of Mana Remake (8.0/10. Good visuals. Solid music and audio. Really enjoyed the gameplay and combat. Good story and characters.)

- Streets of Rage 4 (8.0/10. Nice art style. Excellent music. Decent story and characters. Great gameplay and combat. Wish their was voice acting though. Is either my third best SOR game or tied with SOR 2 for second best. The original SOR remains the best game in the series for me.)

- The Last of Us Part II (8.5/10. Superb visuals, animations, environments, etc. Excellent audio all around. Gameplay and combat is also excellent with shooting being slightly clunky and stiff at times. Story and characters are just average.)

BACKLOG
- None. Backlog is done.

JULY
07/17 - Ghost of Tsushima (Guaranteed day one. My second most anticipated title since E3 2018.)

AUGUST
08/28 - Mafia Remake (Never played the original and based on the screen shots, im all in.)
08/28 - Wasteland 3 (Will be playing this game in September after Mafia Remake.)

Next Gen wise, I have 18 games that are 100% guaranteed to be played and completed. 14 for Xbox Series X and 4 for PlayStation 5. I have an additional 18 games that are 50/50 and could either be played or simply removed from the list. This does NOT include games that haven't been officially announced but are expecting like WB Montreal's Batman game, Playground's Fable or Ubisoft's Far Cry 6. They will be added once they get officially announced.

This generation will be done in October for me with my PlayStation 4 Pro being traded in and will wait until the next gen consoles release which im expecting to be November for both.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:13 AM   #79
All Star

With the year about half over this is kind of what i am looking at for the rest of the year as of now depending on if there is other stuff we don't know about yet like say a new batman game and depending on what kind of release date other games may have that don't have a date yet.

July- Ghost of Tsushima
September- Tony hawk 1-2 remake
October- Crash 4, lego star wars the skywalker saga

Holiday- PlayStation 5 and Spiderman MM, and Kena bridge of spirits.

I had just replayed Ratchet and clank tools of destruction and Crack in time like 1-2 months ago, and now with knowing we are getting ratchet and clank rift apart i may replay some more games before it comes out even though we don't know if its a like launch game or 2021 game. I did just start replaying Into the nexus like yesterday.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 06-27-2020 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:18 AM   #80
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Currently playing TLOU2 (amazing game so far!)

July
Ghost of Tsushima

August
Madden 21 only because we get the next gen version at no extra cost. And Mafia Remake.

This Fall/Winter
LG GX OLED
Xbox Series X
Sonos Arc sound bar

Until then, driving Uber to afford it, lol.

Last edited by Americas Team; 06-29-2020 at 03:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »