Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2020 Gaming Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Ok so we have delved into the backlog and started:

Divinity Original Sin II

And this will easily consume 125-150 hours of my life. Holy mother is this a grandiose old school turn based RPG.

Absolutely love it already just 4 hours in.

I created my own Elf Ranger and am playing on Story Mode. But I am now going to restart with a pre-created character as I read you will get the most out of character back stories using one of them for your first playthrough.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
How does this compare to the first one (if you played it), I got really into that one but got kind of burned out and never finished it. I felt you spend waay too much time in the one town for Act 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2020, 07:35 PM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
How does this compare to the first one (if you played it), I got really into that one but got kind of burned out and never finished it. I felt you spend waay too much time in the one town for Act 1.
I just purchased this game in 2019 for 15 bucks on a PSN sale after reading a lot about both the first and second. This one was far more recommended with tons of quality of life improvements, better combat and storylines.

So I never played the first one. I went right to this one. And heard the first one was not needed at all.

I am so far really enjoying it. It is certainly an acquired taste. It is a true old school RPG with real time combat. I would compare it to Dragon Age Origins but not with the graphic flare of Dragon Age. This is more like Baldurs Gate but much better graphics, audio etc.

I loved Dragon Age Origins as that may be one of my favorite turn based RPGs of all time. This one looks like it can be right there with it but even deeper. It has a massive crafting system, spells, abilities, etc etc. Really steep learning curve. And it does not hold your hand.

I am looking forward to playing this to completion. 2020 and 2021 are all about playing the tons of titles I have amassed over the last two years on blow out sales. Plenty of games to keep me busy for a few years.
Super Blood Hockey

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-19-2020, 08:16 PM   #27
Season 2

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I just purchased this game in 2019 for 15 bucks on a PSN sale after reading a lot about both the first and second. This one was far more recommended with tons of quality of life improvements, better combat and storylines.

So I never played the first one. I went right to this one. And heard the first one was not needed at all.

I am so far really enjoying it. It is certainly an acquired taste. It is a true old school RPG with real time combat. I would compare it to Dragon Age Origins but not with the graphic flare of Dragon Age. This is more like Baldurs Gate but much better graphics, audio etc.

I loved Dragon Age Origins as that may be one of my favorite turn based RPGs of all time. This one looks like it can be right there with it but even deeper. It has a massive crafting system, spells, abilities, etc etc. Really steep learning curve. And it does not hold your hand.

I am looking forward to playing this to completion. 2020 and 2021 are all about playing the tons of titles I have amassed over the last two years on blow out sales. Plenty of games to keep me busy for a few years.
I don't know if you know, but Larian Studios the makers of Divinity Original Sin II, are making Baldur's Gate III.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #28
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't know if you know, but Larian Studios the makers of Divinity Original Sin II, are making Baldur's Gate III.
WOW!!! For console!!!
Super Blood Hockey

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-19-2020, 09:11 PM   #29
Pro

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
WOW!!! For console!!!
BG3 is only going to be on steam/PC unfortunately.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:09 PM   #30
Season 2

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
WOW!!! For console!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
BG3 is only going to be on steam/PC unfortunately.
It's been announced for GOG, Steam, and Stadia, but I feel like there is no way that it doesn't come to XSX and PS5 eventually.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:35 AM   #31
MVP

*UPDATED*

2020 is going to be one hell of a year for gaming. A few game of the generation contenders will be releasing as well as next gen consoles in November. Future game wise, I only have 5 thus far for the first half of 2020 with one of them being 50/50.

CURRENTLY PLAYING/BACKLOG
JANUARY - FEBRUARY - MARCH - APRIL
01. Remnant: From the Ashes (wrapped up the other day)
02. Yakuza Zero (will wrap up Tuesday)
03. Ratchet & Clank (will start on Thursday)
04. Assassin's Creed III
05. Batman Arkham Asylum
06. Batman Arkham City
07. Control
08. Darksiders II
09. God of War III
10. Nier Automata

All games will be played on PS4 Pro unless stated otherwise. Asterisk denotes games that are 50/50.

FEBRUARY
02/14 - Darksiders Genesis

APRIL
04/03 - REmake3
04/24 - Trails of Mana Remake *

MAY
05/19 - Wasteland 3
05/29 - The Last of Us Part II

- Trials of Mana Remake depends on what GamingBolt reviews it as well as overall impressions from those I watch on YouTube and follow on Twitter.

- Also waiting on Sam's Story expansion for Metro Exodus, The Foundation expansion for Control and Episode 3 for The Division 2.

NEXT GEN
I will be pre-ordering Xbox Series X at GameStop once pre-orders open up. As of now, it's looking like Xbox Series X (or XBOX 4 as I call it) will be my primary gaming console for next gen. I already have a few titles that im going to want to play - Halo Infinite, Gears Tactics and backlogged title Wasteland 3. All Microsoft's first party titles will be played via Game Pass. Hellblade 2 is a future guarantee. So excluding Wasteland 3, I have at least 3 exclusives that are guaranteed to be played.

PlayStation 5 wise all depends on their launch lineup. Right now, my expectations are Demon's Souls Remake, Killzone 5 or a new FPS IP, Ratchet & Clank 2 and TLOUP2 MP. Only R&C 2 would be of interest to me. There is Godfall which looks extremely promising based on all the talent Counterplay Games has but at the same time, it's said but not confirmed to be a one year timed exclusive for PS5. So I can always wait if I have to. Really hoping that Sony delays Ghost of Tsushima a few months and releases it as a cross-gen PS5 launch title because I would much rather start PS5 with GOT than end PS4 with GOT.

Multi-platform wise, Assassin's Creed Ragnarok and Watch Dogs Legion will be day one buys as im expecting both to be cross-gen launch titles. Also expecting Dying Light 2 at some point since Techland confirmed a next gen port so my guess would be a delay from Spring 2020 to January 2021 but we'll see.

Overall, first 8 months will be "slow" for me but will ramp up once September hits and the next gen consoles get released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2020, 07:17 PM   #32
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Wow this was on sale for $15 last year, not sure how I missed that! Funny enough I see Amazon and Best Buy are selling this for $20 but I prefer digital especially since my PS4 disk drive has been struggling the last few months even after cleaning it.

But thanks for your input, I added this to my PS wishlist so hopefully it goes on sale in the near future I will purchase it. I have really been on a RPG kick lately so since I just finished Cold Steel 1 & 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »