Home

2020 Gaming Plans

This is a discussion on 2020 Gaming Plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2020, 10:49 PM   #49
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: 2020 Gaming Plans

To me its Horizon and spiderman that are must have.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:47 AM   #50
MVP

2020 has started out very slow especially with all of the delays but the fall and next gen should make up for it.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
- The Division 2: Warlords of New York expansion (really enjoying it thus far. 25% completed after one day)

COMPLETED
- Darksiders Genesis (8.5/10. Great twin stick shooter with melee combat, puzzles and platforming. Good boss fights. Solid story. Beautiful visuals. Great music and voice acting.)

- Dishonored (8.0/10. Great first person action title with stealth/melee/shooting combat. Good story and characters. Very underrated and underappreciated franchise in my opinion.)

- Metro Exodus: Sam's Story expansion (8.0/10. Story and characters is very well done and finally, the protagonist (Sam) actually has full voice acting which I hope 4A Games copies for Artyom in the next Metro game.)

- Ratchet & Clank (8.5/10. Holy crap!! What a great game. Absolutely gorgeous visuals. Good audio. Solid story. And excellent gameplay. Platforming, melee combat, shooting and exploration and some puzzles. Airship battles in the sky and some underwater exploration. I'm not a platformer gamer whatsoever as I play very few but this one, im all in for the eventual sequel.)

- Remnant: From the Ashes (8.0/10. Finally officially completed the game as I was stuck near the end last summer when I first played it. Great game. Excellent boss fights. Beautiful visuals. Excellent gunplay and shooting mechanics.)

- The Division 2: Episodes 1-3, Classified Assignments, Bounties, Kenley College, Etc. (I enjoyed it all as I love The Division franchise and the final episode setup the Warlords of New York expansion very well. Currently playing said expansion.)

- Yakuza Zero (8.5/10. Finally officially completed the game as I was stuck on a late game boss for a long while. Overall, excellent story and characters. Great gameplay and combat. Gorgeous visuals. Good music.)

Since starting a "gaming schedule" which started January 6th, I have completed one game a week to start knocking out my backlog in which I still have a ways to go.

BACKLOG
01. Batman: Arkham Asylum
02. Batman: Arkham City
03. Control
04. Dishonored 2
05. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
06. Ghost Recon Breakpoint
07. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
08. Nier Automata
09. Red Dead Redemption 2
10. The Outer Worlds
11. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

I may add another game or two from pre-2019 to my backlog but haven't decided yet. Trying to play and complete every game from my backlog before next generation consoles arrive. Thus far, im completing a game a week so im at a great pace plus all the delays turned out to be more of a positive than a negative.

Future wise in terms of new releases for 2020. After completing Darksiders Genesis this past weekend, I have 5 new games with a confirmed release date for this generation. I'm expecting around 8-10 total for PS4 Pro for 2020 and possibly another 8-12 for when the next gen consoles launch but it's too early to know that for sure.

APRIL
04/03 - REmake3

MAY
05/19 - Wasteland 3
05/29 - The Last of Us Part II

JUNE
06/26 - Ghost of Tsushima

SEPTEMBER
09/04 - The Avengers

While the first 9 months of 2020 is my worst year since 2014 in the same time frame. However, im expecting the final 3 months of 2020 to easily make up for it.

Last edited by peter42O; 03-05-2020 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Added Ghost of Tsushima
Old 03-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #51
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001

I'll second that and add Days Gone and God of War to the list. Lol!
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 05:53 PM   #52
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
For exclusives I would recommend Horizon Zero Dawn. It is an amazing game and probably in my top 5 all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Two "must have" exclusives:

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Detroit: Become Human

Two very different games, both fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I'll second that and add Days Gone and God of War to the list. Lol!
Appreciate the recommendations - they are all duly noted! Although I may have to self-quarantine in order to get to all of them....(!)
Old 03-18-2020, 10:33 AM   #53
Rookie

CyberKlug's Arena

The Last of Us II
Old 03-18-2020, 05:31 PM   #54
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Thought I was going to sit this generation out, but in its dying days, the prices were right and there were enough games I wanted to play at half-price that I caved and got a PS4. So, yeah, 8-years late to the party!

Will work through the exclusives and then probably let it collect dust as is my custom. But RDR2 was really the only thing that was 'must have' for me.
Red Dead
Spider-man
Days Gone

God of War
Horizon

I havent played the last two (heard theyre good), but the first three are must plays.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:54 PM   #55
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

This year I really wanted to up my Gamerscore on Xbox.

So I went back to finish Modern Warfare 2 & 3, Modern Warfare 2019, WW2 campaign.

Finishing up Battlefield 1 for the challenges and started Battlefield 3.

But other games currently in my rotation.

PES 2020
NBA 2K20
Forza 7
Jurassic World Evolution

Games next on my list to finish

Modern Warfare 1
Ghost

I'm kinda all over the place. But a fun game I started in February and enjoyed a lot of it was the Untitled Goose Game. Highly addicting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #56
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Apologies for missing this thread.

So far in 2020, I've picked up:

MLB The Show 20
The Witcher 3 (Switch)
RBI Baseball 20 (Switch)

Might get Animal Crossing, too, since I won't be leaving my house for the foreseeable future.

No plans to get PS5, Xbox Series X this year. I may get a newer version of the Switch, as my OG's battery life in handheld mode isn't very good.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »