Home

Outriders (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X)

This is a discussion on Outriders (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2021, 05:53 PM   #17
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Outriders (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Almost everyone has internet. Why does it bother you to always be online? You are going to be online all the time anyways.
Actually that is not true at all. I am not online all of the time anyway so it does matter to me.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:57 PM   #18
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm enjoying it so far although it's definitely more linear than I thought but it might open up more once the full game is released and more areas open up.

I've had this on pre-order which I think I'll keep for now

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 02-26-2021, 09:24 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Almost everyone has internet. Why does it bother you to always be online? You are going to be online all the time anyways.
Even if its rare, it would suck to not be able to play because you have an internet outage. Also, if you're a single player person then it's just nice to not have to log in to a server or anything like that every time you want to play a game.

It does make sense for this game though. I haven't played the demo yet, but games like Destiny and Division are really meant to be enjoyed with multiple people.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:15 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Played the demo on Xbox Series X for about 4 hours. Really enjoyed the demo and will be buying it digitally day one as it's my type of game.

I do however have some issues that I hope they can patch in the game -

Need an on/off option -
- Blood Splatter (way too much of it on the screen)
- Enemy Detection Arrows (I have a mini map that tells me where the enemies are and thus don't need this)
- Motion Blur (absolutely despise this in every game and should always have an on/off option)
- Camera Shake (same as Motion Blur)

Gameplay -
- Cover system is solid but not being able to round corners is bad and there should be an on/off option if you want to leave cover by pressing the cover button again or by moving the character...I prefer the setup that I use in Division 2 where I press the A button to get out of cover
- Climbing/lack there of ... Some obstacles, ledges, objects, etc. can't be climbed over and it's annoying
- Loading screens...playing on Series X, the loading is fast but too many loading screens...it should be all seamless on current generation
- Boss encounter cut scenes being replayed...fighting a captain and dying leads to watching the cut scene every time before beginning the encounter ... the cut scene should be eliminated after the first time because I don't need to see it again since I just watched it the first time

Other -
- When Dismantling items, the resource(s) and amount that you'll get from dismantling should be listed because if I get more scrap from selling, that's what im going to do but I won't know that if I don't know the scrap amount im getting from dismantling an item
- NPC Subtitles should have an on/off option and by this, I mean the NPC's that are talking to one another as you're walking around the HUB area. I want to hear what they're saying but not read the subtitles of what they're saying. This would also eliminate the possibility of subtitles overlapping from other characters.

Must Be Fixed 100% -
- The text background print on menus. Having a solid white background with solid white text was not a smart idea as you can't read anything. Playing on a 55" LG CX OLED and normally 6+ feet away, I have to get up and move closer to read the text. Same issue exists in AC Valhalla. It's very simple...either have a solid white background with solid black text or a solid black background with solid white text. Otherwise, you can't read anything at all from a distance. UGH.

As for the always online aspect, Outriders should be like Remnant From the Ashes where if you're playing solo, you can do so off-line but if you want to play co-op, then obviously you would have to be connected online.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:18 AM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Nice feedback. Just an FYI that motion blur will be an option to turn off in the main game. I wish there was a jump button or the ability to climb things you should clearly be able to climb too. And when I turn the subtitles off that means cutscenes should also have them off. They remain on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #22
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

So, I will preface this with saying I had fun with the demo. I enjoyed the powers, the different combos I could put together with those powers, and the Gears of War-feeling the game gave me (Thanks for that comment, KSUowls. I tried the demo because of that.)

That said, it is not a "Day One" buy for me.

The story is eh. I do not normally care about the story of games, but for a game that seems so centered on a particular idea, it just did not stand out. I think it is obvious where we are heading for a final boss at some point from the beginning of the story (no spoilers from me).

There are minor things that I can overlook, such as cut scenes being glitchy (three separate times an NPC was talking in a cut scene, and than the cut scene jumped back a couple of seconds and they repeated themselves).

There just is not something that makes me go, wow. I have to buy this.

The game really just makes me want to boot up Gears of War and play some Horde.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Operation Sports mobile app

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I’m not a real shooter gamer but I have had fun with this demo. I’ve played with two classes. I like the Trickster more than the Pyromancer. I like the powers in addition to the gun play and I like how the game rewards aggressive play by giving health for kills so just camping out isn’t desirable. My son loves it and while I haven’t played any co-op with him in the demo we are getting the digital version and hopefully can play a little tighter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=7de4aaf623e2
Old 03-08-2021, 02:40 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 2

I've enjoyed this, and got online with a random and had a great time. Looking forward to preordering this as it's a nice playing and fun looter.

Like poster above said, it rewards for aggressiveness and the skills are a lot of fun with explosions, fire, slowdowns,etc.

Also the class trees are pretty big to specialize builds.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »