Home

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

This is a discussion on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
The GPU is literally for all the visual aspects while the CPU is what's known to be tied to frame rates which is why PS4/Xbox One were meh because of the decade old and obsolete Jaguar CPU and even then, some games were able to hit 60FPS (like Doom Eternal and Rage 2) with that crappy CPU.

This upcoming generation, those issues are simply no more. Even PS5 without overclocking the GPU is still very much capable of hitting Native 4K and 60FPS. The difference in regards to PC is that not a single game is ever optimized for it because how can it be when there's numerous combinations out there and no developer/publisher will ever be able to accomplish that on a PC because to do so would mean that they would have to literally optimize for every single combination. No chance in hell of that happening whatsoever.

Both consoles are more than capable in regards to hitting Native 4K at 60FPS locked and could have HDR as well and still be good to go. That is how powerful and capable both next gen consoles will be. It's NOT on either console whatsoever. The tech is there. The power is there. The specs are there. The developers and publishers have exactly what they need.

To me, excuses is over. A game like RDR 2 is Native 4K at 30FPS on Xbox One X but yet Valhalla can't hit Native 4K at 60FPS with a better CPU, better and stronger GPU, 16GB GDDR6 RAM and an SSD? No freaking way.

Far better and superior tech and yet, a publisher that has 15 studios and more than probably 1500 people working on Valhalla may not be able to hit 60FPS at Native 4K? Come on.
I think you may be in for a rude awakening if you're expecting this gen of consoles to consistently hit 4k/60. Top tier PCs now can't even do that with hardware equivalent to or stronger than what the consoles will release with. I also don't think you realize how much of an impact the GPU has on framerates with the way modern games are made. GPUs play a major role in frame rate and with what the consoles are said to have, I just don't see how they will manage 4k/60 regularly.

With the 3000 series cards coming out this year likely, the consoles will already be a generation behind PCs in the GPU department and they already cannot match top tier CPUs. The consoles will have plenty of power, but 4k/60 is probably not going to be a regular thing for games like Assassins Creed unless they turn down the visual quality. A 2080 ti cannot really get more than 30-35 frames on average on ultra at 4k in Red Dead 2. That same card cant even hit a consistent 60fps at 4k on ultra with AC Odyssey. Why would we expect these consoles to do it with cards that won't be as strong as a 2080 ti nor will their CPUs match the performance of a 9900k?

― Plato
Old 05-19-2020, 07:22 PM   #34
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Oh man interesting time period. This is going to be good.

If you want a bit of a preview on the time period and some of the characters that will be in this game i highly recommend "The Last Kingdom" on netflix, it's a really good series.

Last edited by ZB9; 05-19-2020 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

The trailer is really great but you have to see the gameplay before determining if it's worth it.

Last edited by berkeley; 05-31-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2020, 10:49 PM   #36
MVP

zello144's Arena

So the gameplay director Ashraf Ismail has stepped down because he was caught having an affair.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:32 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Was it with another worker? I don't understand why his personal life would have any impact on his job unless it was also breaking company policy.

― Plato
Old 06-25-2020, 12:45 AM   #38
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Was it with another worker? I don't understand why his personal life would have any impact on his job unless it was also breaking company policy.
Apparently multiple women. Some of them Ubisoft employees too. Really sucks since Ashraf is also kinda the face of the game and is the one who also does the previews and stuff.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #39
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Not to get to far down the weeds, but if nothing criminal happen then you can't lose your job because a affair that happened in your personal life.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:35 AM   #40
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Not to get to far down the weeds, but if nothing criminal happen then you can't lose your job because a affair that happened in your personal life.

You can mostly certainly lose your job if your employer feels as if you violated their code of conduct. You don’t need to do something “criminal” for that too happen.

Now I don’t know what happened here BUT it doesn’t seem to warrant getting fired (cheating) BUT I’d assume that’s there more to the story and Ubisoft is getting ahead of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »