Home

Older games you like that not many people talk about anymore?

This is a discussion on Older games you like that not many people talk about anymore? within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Older games you like that not many people talk about anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

I would like to see more major cop/detective games. Haven't been much since LA Noire, Sleeping Dogs, and Max Payne 3.
If you're only on consoles, I heard Disco Elysium is coming to those platforms soon. (It's already out on PC)

Although if you're an 'all action' guy and don't like reading, it's not gonna be for you. (not directing this at you personally, just in general)

Last edited by Anthraticus; 06-01-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #50
All Star

OVR: 8

I'm going to add a couple more. Both are mainstream but received a lot of criticism.

Finally fantasy 8
I actually don't understand why people hate this game so much. The magic /draw system was terrible, I'll grant that. Imo it has the best story of any FF game to date, with the best music that Nobuo Uemetsu ever composed for a FF game. The introduction of the card mini game was also a fun little addition.

Final Fantasy XIII
I kind of do get why this game gets hated on, but also don't. The linear structure was a major departure from most of the series. However, X is often considered one of the best, and it was every bit as linear. The bottlenecks for leveling up were annoying, but it did make sense in the context of the story. Speaking of stories, it could have used a bit more exposition, but if we are being honest that is the case for most jrpgs. Combat was fun, fluid, tactical and cinematic. Not having more access to summons was a bit unfortunate, especially since they were so cool, but the game really shined with its characters. Lightning is my favorite character in the series, and other than Hope, every member of the cast had very real motivations for overcoming the difficulties of their quest.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-03-2020, 11:38 AM   #51
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraticus
If you're only on consoles, I heard Disco Elysium is coming to those platforms soon. (It's already out on PC)

Although if you're an 'all action' guy and don't like reading, it's not gonna be for you. (not directing this at you personally, just in general)
My PC can't handle Disco Elysium or I would have played it day one, but from the way people who share my gaming taste talk about it, it has GOAT potential for me.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
My PC can't handle Disco Elysium or I would have played it day one, but from the way people who share my gaming taste talk about it, it has GOAT potential for me.
You sure dude ? I'm playing it on a AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor 3.00 GHz with 5.00 GB Ram and a GeForce GTS 450 card that I've had for about a decade.

Also, they're dropping this 'working class' update too....

https://store.steampowered.com/newsh...23289103349404

Spoiler
Old 06-06-2020, 04:24 AM   #53
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Guitar hero. Too bad it was killed off by its own success and activision greed.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:02 PM   #54
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Guitar hero. Too bad it was killed off by its own success and activision greed.
It did lead to a lot of fun games. Unfortunately it was compacted into a short period of time. Still, who ever thought we would get a Beatles music game?

Old 06-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #55
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
It did lead to a lot of fun games. Unfortunately it was compacted into a short period of time. Still, who ever thought we would get a Beatles music game?
it was all the rage, I used to heave people over and everyone would want to have a drink and play rock band! I remember it was like 2006 or something if I remember correctly? maybe 2007 ... then it just vanished because the masses don't like new editions etc. Like if you can play nba jam in an arcade for 10 years, ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #56
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I'm going to add a couple more. Both are mainstream but received a lot of criticism.

Finally fantasy 8
I actually don't understand why people hate this game so much. The magic /draw system was terrible, I'll grant that. Imo it has the best story of any FF game to date, with the best music that Nobuo Uemetsu ever composed for a FF game. The introduction of the card mini game was also a fun little addition.

Final Fantasy XIII
I kind of do get why this game gets hated on, but also don't. The linear structure was a major departure from most of the series. However, X is often considered one of the best, and it was every bit as linear. The bottlenecks for leveling up were annoying, but it did make sense in the context of the story. Speaking of stories, it could have used a bit more exposition, but if we are being honest that is the case for most jrpgs. Combat was fun, fluid, tactical and cinematic. Not having more access to summons was a bit unfortunate, especially since they were so cool, but the game really shined with its characters. Lightning is my favorite character in the series, and other than Hope, every member of the cast had very real motivations for overcoming the difficulties of their quest.
Totally agree. I think I posted this over in the "Uncommon Opinions" thread, but Final Fantasy XIII is my favorite Final Fantasy game. I loved it. Although I think that it helped that I played it for the first time many years after it was released and therefore didn't have any preconceived notions about the game or any of the 'controversy' surrounding it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »