Home

Hogwarts Legacy (2021)

This is a discussion on Hogwarts Legacy (2021) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2022, 01:34 PM   #57
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Hogwarts Legacy (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Is someone like myself going to enjoy this that literally has never seen one Harry Potter movie, book, clip, etc, and has no clue about the world? Or will I just be lost the whole time ?
I feel like there is a lot that we still don't know about the game. That being said, I would not be surprised if half the fun in the game is just the nostalgia for those of us who grew up reading the books or even watching the movies. For instance, I don't know how "cool" non HP fans will find the common rooms for each of the Houses, but I'm looking forward to it.

That being said, if you like open world games with optional quests and dialog choices then this might be worth looking into. The game takes place like 100+ years before the events of the books and nothing from this time period has ever really been discussed in canon. So from that standpoint I don't know how much prior knowledge is required.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2022, 05:10 PM   #58
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Is someone like myself going to enjoy this that literally has never seen one Harry Potter movie, book, clip, etc, and has no clue about the world? Or will I just be lost the whole time ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I feel like there is a lot that we still don't know about the game. That being said, I would not be surprised if half the fun in the game is just the nostalgia for those of us who grew up reading the books or even watching the movies. For instance, I don't know how "cool" non HP fans will find the common rooms for each of the Houses, but I'm looking forward to it.

That being said, if you like open world games with optional quests and dialog choices then this might be worth looking into. The game takes place like 100+ years before the events of the books and nothing from this time period has ever really been discussed in canon. So from that standpoint I don't know how much prior knowledge is required.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Yeah you'll miss out on the nostalgia factor, and won't fully get all the easter eggs that I assume will be included. Although I'm sure there will be tons of lore to read and learn about the in-game world as you play.

But like KSU said, it takes place 100 years before the books/movies. So THOSE characters and events you won't really need to know about.

If you like what you see in the trailers and gameplay videos, you could have fun with it.
Old 09-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #59
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
If you are an open world, RPG fan that likes to explore, this is right up your alley.

No need to know the lore or anything.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-08-2022, 01:18 PM   #60
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I have only watched all the movies, never read the books (a tad too old…Lord of the Rings was my thing as a kid as well as playing Dungeon and Dragons).

This is right in my wheelhouse of open world RPG’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-09-2022, 02:01 PM   #61
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Lord of the Rings was great too. I also loved the Chronicles of Narnia series. As a kid (adult too) I was a nerd who loved to read and read anything I could get my hands on. Old classics, whatever. I am that person that actually enjoyed books like War and Peace.

But I digress....

On topic, February can't come soon enough for this to come out.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 04:01 PM   #62
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

I would love a Quidditch video game. I think that would do so well financially too with the inevitable online mode. If the AI was good, could be fun for offline players like me as well.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:09 PM   #63
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
I would love a Quidditch video game. I think that would do so well financially too with the inevitable online mode. If the AI was good, could be fun for offline players like me as well.
Well you're in luck.

In actual news, they revealed the cover of the game's strategy guide today. I haven't bought a strategy guide for any game since Madden 16, but I'm getting this one.

Spoiler
Old 09-10-2022, 12:20 AM   #64
All Star

OVR: 8

Used to love strategy guides. I always bought them in tandem with RPGs. Even if I didn't use them I would look through them, and it was always just something that I had to do. The expansion of online gaming has made it so that the last strategy guide that I bought was I think Mass Effect 3. I have a small library, and there is one section for all my old guides. Might have to pick this one up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »