Home

Game with new life thanks to next gen

This is a discussion on Game with new life thanks to next gen within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2020, 03:41 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Game with new life thanks to next gen

I am seeing and hearing ps5 is having a lot of issues like a un normal amount for a Sony console. I have had like 3 major crashes already and like 2 times where my ps5 has frozen and like 1-2 times where I got kicked back out to the menu.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #10
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I am hoping that the PS5 brings ESO and GTA V new life for me. I do not play them often because it just takes so long to load on current gen.

I am interested in seeing the Division 2 on the PS5. I just bought the Warlords of New York Expansion for $8.99, and I have been addicted.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-09-2020, 05:07 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

My son is loving the Destiny update to 60 FPS. Right now graphics themselves aren’t a huge upgrade. But the FPS and load time improvements are significantly better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2020, 05:01 PM   #12
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

I have started playing Days Gone on the PS5 and it runs heavenly. Enjoying it thus far.

Ghost of Tsushima is also fantastic on the PS5.

And I just tried the update to Destiny 2. I have put in thousands of hours into Destiny 1 & 2 since the original beta. All those hours have been on console. Playing Destiny at 60fps and with a FOV slider is a real joy!
Old 12-09-2020, 10:43 PM   #13
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

I've recently started playing War Thunder again with Gaijin Entertainment's latest update New Power for the PS4/PS5/XBox X/Series S/X/PC. Although the new update enhances last generation with stunning visuals and physics effects, its in the next generation where it really shines. Everything just stands out! Locking in at 60 fps, 4K visuals, watching an enemy plane getting ripped apart in battle and seeing vehicle destructions just puts this game in a realism that's brought new life to this FTP MMO. For me, it was an eye-popping experience.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:29 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

I am playing Days Gone for the first time on the PS5 after skipping the initial release on PS4.

The game was heavily criticized for performance issues but it plays and looks fantastic on the PS5. Loving this game!

The Ghost of Tsushima upgrade on PS5 is breathtaking. It seems like the game was developed on next-gen hardware and ported to PS4 for release. I beat the game on PS4 and I’ve started a New Game + on PS5 because the optimization is so great.

I’d like to see a 60 FPS patch for Bloodborne..
Old 12-12-2020, 01:38 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Too early to put Cyberpunk on this list? The game's performance issues on the last-gen consoles are well-documented already, but the PS5 and Series X (and to a lesser extent, the Series S) run this game a lot better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aZocGxy3I

Sorry, lost the embed code when I edited from my phone, will try to fix later. It's a Digital Foundry video. Update: Fixed

Last edited by bcruise; 12-12-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Mistakes were made. And fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »