Home

2021 Gaming Plans

This is a discussion on 2021 Gaming Plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #9
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2021 Gaming Plans

Just got my PS5 a week ago so its been great so far.

Games Recently Completed:
-COD Cold War. I expected more out of it, and like all COD campaigns, was really short. Won't be playing it too much. 6.5/10
-Spiderman: Miles Morales. LOVED it. Insomniac is killing it with the Spiderman series, can't wait for Spiderman 2. 10/10

Games To Play:
-AC: Valhalla (up next)
-Cyberpunk 2077 (waiting for next-gen upgrade/patch)
-Ghost of Tsushima (started on PS4, but didnt get very far so ill just restart)
-God of War (bought it but ive never played it yet)

Possible Buys:
-Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West (series looks good, might buy both and play them back to back when FW releases)
-Hitman 3 (havent yet played a Hitman game, might be time to try it)
-Far Cry 6 (same reasoning as Hitman)
-God of War Ragnarok (might pull a Horizon and play both back to back here as well)
-Gotham Knights (love Batman, must play)
-Gran Turismo 7

Sports Games Currently Playing:
-NBA 2K21 (Bulls MyNBA, waiting on sliders for the ATD project. Might start a Sky MyWNBA as well)
-Madden 21 (Bears franchise)
-NHL 21* (havent yet bought, might start a Blackhawks franchise)
-MLB 20 or 21 (waiting on 21 news before deciding. Either Brewers or White Sox)
-F1 2020 (driver career, starting with Haas)
-FM2021* (havent bought yet, will either start in USA or take over Bayern)
-AO Tennis 2 (undecided on if I want to stick with it)
-PGA Tour 2K21 (in CC-C on TGCTours)
Old 01-03-2021, 04:44 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Backlog is too long to list, although I did at least finish Trails of Cold Steel 4 (and that entire 4 game series with it).

This being the first full year of next-gen, I'm obviously looking forward to The Show '21 on PS5 assuming it's released. If it's not (and given how 2020 went I'd say nothing is certain in annual game development) I'd probably still pick it up on PS4 after seeing how much better the 5 runs '20 through backwards compatibility.

Right now the only confirmed 2021 non-sports title I'm looking forward to is on Switch: Bravely Default 2. I'm also anticipating Breath of the Wild's sequel to be released this year, although the original is still on my backlog. Diablo 4 is another title I'm anticipating, but its release date is still unknown.

So far at least, it looks like this is going to be a good year to clear out some of that backlog while getting a taste of what the next generation is capable of.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:16 PM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

backlog is non existent really. Did play and beat The Last of US 2. Didn't like it and thought it was the most overhyped game of 2020. Own both the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Currently playing the sports games and the new COD. Already beat Valhalla. Might go back to Watch Dogs Legion. I have Ghosts to finish but I kind of burnt on open world after the marathon Valhalla is.

Looking forward to what ever comes out. I expect the heavy hitters to not release until the end of the year though like October and November.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 06:56 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 35

I don't play much these days. I'd like to finish up the story in Star Wars: Squadrons. Once baseball starts up again, I'll be fully into Super Mega Baseball 3. In the meantime, I'll be playing some Legend Bowl as the developer continues to move the game out of Early Access.

The only game I'm definitely buying this year is the Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

2020 finished:

COD Modern Warfare
Bioshock 1 Remastered
Spider-Man
Detroit: Become Human
Ghost of Tsushima
THPS 1&2

Currently playing:
Cyberpunk 2077
Crusader Kings II
Battlefield V occasionally
Legend Bowl (w/ NCAA mod)

100% I'm going to buy:
Hogwarts Legacy
Battlefield 6(?)
Horizon Forbidden West

Interested in:
AC: Valhalla
Hitman 3
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Gran Turismo 7
Halo Infinite
Ghostwire Tokyo
Days Gone

Like last year I don't want to insult my intelligence with some master plan to clear a backlog, but I had a pretty good year finishing some games when I didn't think I would. There are a few games I know for sure I want to buy, but other than that I just have some interests.

Last edited by AUChase; 01-04-2021 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:48 AM   #14
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
2021 Gaming Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
2020 finished:

COD Modern Warfare
Bioshock 1 Remastered
Spider-Man
Detroit: Become Human
Ghost of Tsushima
THPS 1&2

Currently playing:
Cyberpunk 2077
Crusader Kings II
Battlefield V occasionally
Legend Bowl (w/ NCAA mod)

100% I'm going to buy:
Hogwarts Legacy
Battlefield 6(?)
Horizon Forbidden West

Interested in:
AC: Valhalla
Hitman 3
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Gran Turismo 7
Halo Infinite
Ghostwire Tokyo
Days Gone

Like last year I don't want to insult my intelligence with some master plan to clear a backlog, but I had a pretty good year finishing some games when I didn't think I would. There are a few games I know for sure I want to buy, but other than that I just have some interests.

To quote Snoop Dog “I’m thinking of a master plan”

To dent my backlog in 2021!!! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-09-2021, 07:43 PM   #15
Just started!

Items from Last epoch are marvels that will outlast all of us. Yes it is with old items, they have a soul that helps them hold on for so long. There is no other explanation why last epoch items hold out longer than modern items. Maybe it works because people used to make items with passion, put their whole heart into the items and give the items part of themselves. Contemporary items are cool, but you know if they are made with the same passion? Can they take that long? We will find out about this only when the last epoch speaks of our epoch

https://odealo.com/games/last-epoch/items

Last edited by Merkury; 02-27-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2021, 11:05 PM   #16
MVP

Well, I received the Xbox Series X this past Monday, January 4th and as of a few hours ago, I have completed the Gears 5: Hivebusters expansion and Watch Dogs Legion.

COMPLETED
- Gears 5: Hivebusters (8.5/10. Short but great expansion. Visuals are superb, combat/gameplay is Gears, audio is good and story/characters are great and enjoyable. A few cool action sequences as well. Hoping Gears 6 is basically an 8-12 hour version of Hivebusters.)

- Watch Dogs Legion (7.0/10. Good game at best. Visuals are superb as is the Ray Tracing. Just wow. Music is fine. In car, it's mostly meh while during missions, it's solid but repeats. Story/characters are good on the antagonist side but protagonist wise, not good at all. Combat is okay as is the gameplay in general but I absolutely despised the setup of switching to all these different characters with their non-lethal weapons and just horrible voice acting. I simply completed all 45 story missions and that's literally it. No side missions, collectibles, side content, etc. Upgrades were also meh. So disappointing for me that I moved it to my last generation gaming lists because I simply didn't want it on my current generation gaming lists. Also, if Ubisoft doesn't bring back a vigilante character for Watch Dogs 4 (if/when that happens) and eliminates the gimmicks, etc. this series will be done for me. Same rating for me as WD 2 but ranked slightly ahead of it. The original 2014 Watch Dogs game is still the best in the series for me.)

CURRENTLY PLAYING
04/11 - Immortals Fenyx Rising

BACKLOG
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla (digital gold edition)
- Bright Memory (digital, demo)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (digital, waiting for the next gen upgrade)
- Gears Tactics (game pass)
- Marvel's Spider Man: Miles Morales (disc, base game)

APRIL
04/01 - Outriders (undecided)

Hoping to get through Immortals Fenyx Rising and Gears Tactics by February. Then, for the month of February, it will be all about Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Waiting on the next gen upgrade for Cyberpunk 2077. Will play the Bright Memory demo a few days before Bright Memory Infinite releases sometime later this year and hoping to have PlayStation 5 in the spring so I can play Miles Morales which by then, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart should be right around the corner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »