Home

Destruction All-Stars

This is a discussion on Destruction All-Stars within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #1
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Destruction All-Stars

This one's interesting I've put in around 6 hours so far. It's one of those games if handled right could get a following like rocket league seems to have done. There's not much content yet but a dev went on reddit and said what hey had coming out soon and I guess another interview laid out a clear year one vision. So that's promising that they are more than just winging it out there. Not sure why they thought this would be a good game at the $70 price point though.

On the negative side voice chat is on by default and you have to use the activity card each time to disable it. Not sure who thought that was a good idea. The dev said they are working on changing that though. Arenas are a bit to big, making it tough some time to find someone to smash into. Not enough people playing yet, matchmaking takes a while sometimes. I've seen complaints that there isn't any in game music. That doesn't bother me and seems like nitpicking to me.

As far as positive things the game looks great and the character designs are fun. When you get the close up before the matches start you can really see the design work that went into it. It only having four modes and three arenas so far and I haven't gotten bored yet. I guess there's just something fun about cars smashing into each other. I like that you don't necessarily need to play with a group.

It definitely isn't for everybody but I think the game has a lot of upside to it. I hope people give it a fair shot. Seeing as how it's free on PS+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Destruction All-Stars

I have put in about 4 hours so far.

I can't say I am bored yet, and have really enjoyed the destroying of cars! My best placement was 4th, but that doesn't really bother me either. I can see myself putting tons of time into this because it is mind-numbing fun.

I am very excited to see what they have planned for all of us in this upcoming year.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

I've put in some time. Enjoy it, I just hope it can get a player base and some modes or setups that can give me a sense of accomplishment for playing.

It could get stale I guess as it's somewhat same game in game out but so far I've worked in improving and have like 5 or so wins so I feel like I'm pretty good at it that makes me like to play so far.

It'll be interesting to see after one month or so how things progress. I don't have the issue of wait times but I've also been doing majority in Mayhem. I will say the game chat is a little annoying at times when you have those typical morons that commonly exist on the internet or those that don't care or understand there's a mute button.

Definitely worth the play at the cost of free.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2021, 02:01 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

So I was just reading on reddit that they released a hotfix for the chat so at least that got fixed quickly.

I've placed 1st once in Mayhem with Jian a total fluke. I've come in 4th a couple of times but usually hover between 8 and 12th depending on who I'm using.

Edit:
Here's a link to the reddit post from the community manager.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Destruction...m_source=share

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 02-05-2021 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 04-04-2021, 02:18 PM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

This game is fun. Makes me yearn for a new and/or updated Twisted Metal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #6
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

They just dropped a new character, a season pass. A new game mode called blitz and ranked/leaderboards are coming at the end of may early June. Despite a rough start the devs seem committed at least for the first year. They are pretty active on the discord and reddit so that's positive. If you didn't get it in your library for free they dropped the price to only $20 now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »