Home

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

This is a discussion on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #9
Rookie

titanswin53's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
There isn't a particular aspect of the game that stands-out as earth-shattering, but the overall package comes together nicely - capturing a lot of the humor of the movies.

This may very well be my favorite game released this year that I have played.
I 100% agree with those points. I've found myself having the most fun with the game the past 2 days than any game this year so far. The game isn't groundbreaking in any kind of aspect, but everything that comes together is so enjoyable.

I'm probably like 2 chapters ahead of you, maybe 7 now, and I've found myself trying to play the game as slow as possible. I'm enjoying every part of it that much.

The story is really good, music great for the game, and the dialogue has me laughing just like the movies would.

The game in my book is already well worth the day 1 purchase. Might be my game of the year seriously.
Old 10-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Been playing since yesterday. Have put in about 13 hours thus far and im not even half way through the game as I know how many chapters there are. I can say that visuals and audio for me are 10/10 each. I mean damn, GOTG looks superb and the soundtrack is top notch. Voice acting is great too.

Story, characters, writing, dialogue, etc. have been great and im loving the banter between all the characters. There's been a few good jokes as well and best of all, none of it has been cringy whatsoever. Really looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

The weak area is the combat/gameplay. Commanding the Guardians to use their abilities is cool and the shooting is fine but not being able to turn off elements on the HUD has been annoying due to too much going on at once on screen and the combat has very little depth to it. I am not a fan of the "huddle". Completely kills the momentum and pacing but thankfully, this is not required.

The exploration, platforming and puzzle solving have all been solid at the very least. To get the components or outfits definitely requires looking everywhere and some patience at times. The little mini-game early on in the game with Rocket was cool. Also, while im not a fan of "vision" in games, this may be the first game that allows you to walk/run while in that vision mode.

Overall, I am very happy that I picked this up despite the fact that just back in September, I had zero interest until I started watching gameplay based on the preview event that SE held. It's looking like an easy 8.5/10 at the very least with a chance of hitting a 9/10 depending on how the story plays out over the second half of the game.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:35 PM   #11
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Steam rankings are good, picked up after such a slow summer of games and so many being….well terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2021, 04:59 PM   #12
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

GotG films are some of my favorite MCU movies. I had no expectations for this game after the abomination that was Avengers. This game is everything I could've hoped it would be. I agree with everyone talking about enjoying the, "journey".

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-29-2021, 09:36 AM   #13
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
GotG films are some of my favorite MCU movies. I had no expectations for this game after the abomination that was Avengers. This game is everything I could've hoped it would be. I agree with everyone talking about enjoying the, "journey".
My expectations were not sky high either, but I felt better once I knew they wouldn't have online modes.

I think GotG works better here because they are a team...it's not some "choose your own Avenger" type of deal like Avengers. GotG is so much more cohesive because of this fact; you can get a much more tightly-woven narrative and character interactions and I think that lends itself to a better video game experience. Obviously the humor and foibles of the team members lend greatly to the sense of charm.

GotG makes you feel like you're part of one of their adventures...and I think keeping the user exclusively as Star Lord works really well because you can embrace the role a lot more. Even early in the game, I've felt more of an emotional connection than I ever did with Avengers (which isn't much more than a fighting game with some cut scenes).
Old 10-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #14
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

FYI: If you miss something like an outfit you want in an earlier chapter you can load just that chapter back up, get the outfit and exit. The outfit will transfer over. I found out on YouTube that I missed Drax's Guardians movie outfit in the Lady Hellbender Chapter. I'm in Chapter 6 now, though. I loaded up that chapter, got the outfit and exited to the games main menu. I went back to my main game file and everything is good and I have the outfit. This is definitely my game of the year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-29-2021, 08:22 PM   #15
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I'm on chapter 8 now, really enjoying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2021, 11:39 PM   #16
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Might just be my taste in music, but this soundtrack is better than the mcu films. Haven’t been this engaged in a single player game in a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »