Home

2022 gaming plans

This is a discussion on 2022 gaming plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2022, 11:29 AM   #17
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2022 gaming plans

Have to add Demon’s Souls to my list. The only soulsbourne game I’ve played is Bloodborne. I’ve been stuck on the spider boss for over a year in that game lol but I don’t even have it installed and I haven’t played it in a long time. I do love the game though and Demon’s Souls has been something I’ve wanted to try for a while. It’s on sale so I figured what the heck, I’ll give it a shot. Downloaded it last night and I beat the first boss and saved/shut it off. This game is amazing, I’m kind of mad at myself for waiting this long to play it haha. It’s very challenging but I expected that. It also just might be the best looking game I’ve seen on PS5 yet, it looks stunning and also runs at 60fps.

Last edited by IHateDuke32; 01-07-2022 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:42 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Currently playing:

The Outer Worlds - I am now on the 2 expansions before I finish the final mission on the main game. I am absolutely loving this game and it now is firmly in my top 5 of the PS4 generation bumping out Fallout 4.....yep. The humor and the writing in this is beyond awesome. I played a really scummy pirate and am having a blast.

MLB 20 - Sandlot Dreams 1993 Yankees Year 1 and in March 2022 Year 6 of our 2017 Yankees franchise commences (started on MLB 17 and still going strong).

Madden 21 NG version - Dolphins Year 1
Madden 16 - 1986 Dolphins
NBA2K22 - 2012-2013 Miami Heat Classic Teams Single Season

In the Que:

Spiderman
Guardians of the Galaxy
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-08-2022, 07:55 PM   #19
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Upcoming games in order of excitement:
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Forspoken
  • Stray
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • OxenFree II: Lost Signal
  • Gotham Knights
Backlog Games
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (I bought it on sale and refuse to play it until the next-gen upgrade even if it's just better graphics I want the "best" version)
  • Yakuza 0 (need to complete most of the side quest)
  • There are other games I've bought and never played over the years but will slot in if I have time or an anticipated games doesn't pan out.
Outside of actually gaming plans some things regarding my overall gaming future:
  • Outside of maybe MLB the Show not buying any sports title out the gate. Time to accept that I'm really not the market these companies want anymore.
  • Accepting that first person games or games that mention being a SoulsBourne and/or rogue-like just aren't for me. Returnal and Deathloop put the final nail in those respective coffins. Although I do think Returnal is pretty good.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #20
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

So, the beginning of 2022 is upon us and that means another year of gaming ahead. With the inaugural year of setting gaming goals being a resounding success, I am going to be at it again in 2022. Year 2 will be similar to year 1 but will be better.

Let’s get right into it.

Sports Games Goals:

This one has a few parts to it. First, I am no longer making my annual sports game purchases. To me, 2021 was a disappointing year for sports games. I won’t recap like I did in the 2021 thread, but will leave it as I am not making any of these purchases this year. This means the goals here are simpler and based on previous year releases in most cases.

MLB 20 (PS5) Franchise – The main goal is to play the 2028 season in my Indians franchise and go for a fourth straight World Series victory. I am sitting at the beginning of the offseason now and will start that in March or April. I have some big decisions to make on my team this year. I may re-open my dynasty thread for it, but that is a secondary objective and not part of the goal.

MLB 20 (PS5) RTTS – The goal here is to get at least another full season closer to free agency. I have finished 2022 as a SS for the Seattle Mariners and had a heck of a year. My contract is through 2026 so I am looking to finish at least 2023 during the year.

MLB 20 (PS5) Quick Manage – My goal is to get through at least 1 season in a quick manage franchise. I have heavily edited a new roster file over the last few months and will be doing this franchise with the Rockies. I have actually changed things up and turned on 30 team control for the first time ever. We will see how it goes.

NHL 22 (PS5) – I got this as a Christmas gift so I have done nothing more than install it and comb through the uniforms. The plan here is to take the Bluejackets and sim them to a Stanley Cup. I have had varying levels of success in the past with NHL games, my last being NHL 20. The last time I led a team to a Stanley Cup victory was in NHL 19 with my expansion Hartford Whalers. That was the only time. At least it was back-to-back Cups. My goal is to change that. Rule here is that it is sim only. No playing.

Madden 21 (PS5) – The goal is to start a new rebuild project and lead that team to victory. Once the team is a contender, I like to play a season and earn the Super Bowl victory myself. I have this narrowed down to a few teams, though I am still deciding.

PC Gaming:

This was a huge part of my 2021 gaming and will likely continue to be in 2022. I did more PC gaming than just the games I met my 2021 goals on. In 2022, I look to expand on those goals and to make and finish new ones. I will break this down into a couple of sub goals.

Finish Goals on 4 PC Games – I have set goals for a slew of PC games and I look to finish 4 of them. Some of these games are Stardew Valley, Factorio, Planet Zoo, Cities Skylines, Project Hospital, Civilization 5, and Software Inc. I will not share all of the games or goals right now. Just know it is extensive and fairly aggressive on my part. Some specific examples of goals include: Stardew Valley (Reach year 7 on my game I reached year 4 on in 2021. This expands on my previous goal that was already a personal best) and Cities Skylines (Make a new city and reach a population of 100k, which will also improve on my best.)

Play 5 new PC games – I am not buying any new games on the PC in 2022. Unless Haunted Chocolatier comes out this year. I have a large library on my steam account of games I have gotten over the years on sale but have not played. The goal is simple, play 5 of those games. The real goal here is to play and enjoy one of the 5 and add it to the previous goal.

Beat 3 new games in 2022:

Next goal is to once again beat 3 games I have not beat. Looking below at my 2022 buy list, at least 1 of those will likely be from that list. I have a massive backlog of games at this point. As opposed to saying I am going to make progress on it I am setting a specific goal. If I say I make progress, I end up beating 1 game then adding 4 to the backlog and it grows. This way, I am pulling games from the list but not worrying about making it smaller. This worked very well in 2021.

Re-beat 1 Final Fantasy game:

One of my favorite game series of all time. The Final Fantasy series. There are so many to choose from here. I will look into beating 6, 7, 9, or 10 as those are my favorites. I am not a big fan of 8 so that is not on the list. I really enjoyed 13 on the PS3 but it is too linear for my taste. Nothing like beating a game you have before. The current front runner is 9 as it is my all time favorite. I should note that I have the remasters of 7, 9, and 10 on the PS5 and I have FF6 on my SNES retro system.

Progress Category:

Right now, I really only have one active game to make progress in and that is No Man’s Sky. Last year, this category included The Witcher 3 (waiting for next gen update), Skyrim, and Fallout 4. I only played No Man’s Sky and Skyrim in 2021. So, in 2022, No Man’s Sky progress is a category in itself.

2022 Purchases:

These are my definite 2022 purchases. No sports games included.

Hogwarts Legacy (PS5): Day one purchase
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5): Already on pre-order
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)

2022 Maybe Purchases:

Elden Ring (PS5): Looks good but still deciding.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 01-26-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:35 AM   #21
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Already an update:

Sports Games Currently Playing:

Madden 21 - Dolphins Year 1
Madden 16 - 1986 Dolphins Season Replay
MLB 20 - Sandlot Dreams 1993 Yankees Year 1

Non Sports Games Currently Playing:

God of War
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
No Mans Sky

In The Que:
Spiderman
Guardians of the Galaxy
Prey
Metal Gear V
The Witcher 3 - PS5 Update New Playthrough
Sudden Strike 4
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Prey
Telltales Batman 1 & 2
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Baldurs Gate I and II Enhanced Version
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Maneater
The Dark Pictures Anthology
Bioshock Complete Collection
Metro Redux
Metro Exodus
Batman Arkham Knight
Divinity Original Sin 2
South Park The Stick of Truth
South Park The Fractured But Whole
Assassins Creed Origins
Assassins Creed Odyssey
Titanfall 2
XCOM 2
L.A. Noire Remastered
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Dishonored 2

Planned Purchases:

Horizon Dawn Forbidden West
Elden Ring
Hogwarts Legacy
Dying Light 2

Since I have such a wealth of backlog titles (my goal is to play 10 of them this year) I am delaying new purchases till they get prices slashes.....I can wait. I simply have so much to keep me busy. So that is a by product benefit of having too many games piled up LOL.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 01-13-2022 at 03:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2022, 11:52 AM   #22
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

2022 Gaming Plans:
Pokemon Legends Arceus
Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duels
Mario Deluxe
WWE 2K22
MLB The Show 22 (Maybe)

Honestly, this might be it. Going to try and shy away from shooters this year. They have taken up all of my gaming time the last two years.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2022, 10:57 AM   #23
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I've really adopted a new philosophy the last several months - "Play what you love not what you want to love".

It's changed my mindset when it comes to my "backlog" of games. If I haven't been able to "get into" a game, I'm not going to keep trying to force myself to do so. I've just accepted I've made some poor decisions on games purchased and have moved on. I'm also feeling less "guilty" about re-playing games I have beaten before if I genuinely enjoy playing them.

Games finished in 2022:
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Games I am playing right now:
Madden 21 franchise
MLBTS 21 franchise
The Outer Worlds

In the queue:
Life is Strange: True Colors
Chorus
Alan Wake remaster (never played this)
Ghosts of Tsushima
Returnal (I'm skeptical if I will enjoy this - reflexive gaming is not my strong suit)

Games I plan on re-playing in 2022:
Mass Effect Trilogy
Guardians of the Galaxy
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Life is Strange (will start as soon as the remaster drops)

Likely 2022 purchases:
Horizon: Forbidden West
Life is Strange remaster (I technically own this already from buying the ultimate edition of True Colors)
Lego: Star Wars
MLB The Show 22

On the fence purchases:
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Forspoken
WWE 2k22
Old 01-24-2022, 01:21 PM   #24
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
"Play what you love not what you want to love".
This is awesome.

I'm going to try and implement this mentality going forward.

Switching to only digital purchases has made me stick with games i didn't love more often than I'd like to admit. With a physical copy I could just sell a crap game and forget it exists. Digital games they always hang in the shadows even if you hide them from view.

Sent from Operation Sports Xtreme Mobile App

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »