Home

Grand Theft Auto VI

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto VI within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2022, 11:36 AM   #49
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Grand Theft Auto VI

I still don't understand how it didn't make financial sense to sell a $20-$30 single player add-on. Is GTA:O really THAT popular? Makes no sense to me. RDR2 was amazing so I have hope that GTA:VI will deliver the goods.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:03 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
I still don't understand how it didn't make financial sense to sell a $20-$30 single player add-on. Is GTA:O really THAT popular? Makes no sense to me. RDR2 was amazing so I have hope that GTA:VI will deliver the goods.
GTA Online is printing Take Two a billion dollars every year. I still play it occasionally. I don't understand why it is as popular as it is, but it's a cash cow.

― Plato
Old 08-10-2022, 12:45 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
GTA Online is printing Take Two a billion dollars every year. I still play it occasionally. I don't understand why it is as popular as it is, but it's a cash cow.
It's hard to knock them for that. Over 170M copies sold, 5M in the last quarter for a 9 year old game. So it makes sense to keep riding that wave for another couple years until GTA 6 comes out. It's hard to not imagine them creating a 3-4 hour SP DLC like the Lost and Damned. As much of a choosy buyer, I would've paid for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2022, 08:12 AM   #52
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
A good portion of the fanbase doesn't complete the story. Looking at the achievements like 28% of people did on PS4.
Old 08-13-2022, 03:33 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

This is why I dread my favorite games adding multiplayer, only bad memories (Splinter Cell).
Old 08-15-2022, 04:51 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Seeing as Rockstar confirmed today that the next installment in the GTA series is "well underway" in development it seems this thread may be worthy.

We don't have much as far as official info. With GTA V they revealed the game in a similar, boring way with a blog post, then followed it up with a trailer later on.

This time around we don't even get a logp, just a small mention in a blog post. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a trailer sometime later on this year with a release date for fall 2023, then the traditional Rockstar delay to 2024, but who knows.

It's been nearly a full decade since V released. It's been 4 years since Red Dead Redemption 2 released. One would like assume GTA VI has been in development since RDR2 released at least, but we don't officially know.

I'll be surprised if we don't see this game release within the next two calendar years. I'd be a bit shocked if it didn't come out until 2025 or later.

I'd love to be surprised and see the game come out next year, but I won't hold my breath with Rockstar.

I do worry that with Dan Houser out of the picture the game may suffer. Plus the quality of additions to GTA Online has not been as stellar as we used to expect out of Rockstar, but I believe part of that is Online became much more popular than they ever anticipated and the foundation they're working on really limits what they want to achieve.

I do feel Rockstar has put themselves in a tough spot waiting so long to release the game. By the time it releases it will have been 10+ years since the previous release. It will only be natural for the game to not live up to the type of hype that builds over 10 years.

I expect the game to have a huge focus on Online again, this time with a better foundation for them to flesh things out with. I do worry the single player experience will suffer. GTA V was already a very weak game from a single player standpoint relative to other releases in the series. I hope VI doesn't have a similar fate and is much more ambitious and in depth like San Andreas was in its time.
FMWhatsapp Apk
I expect them to stay in the modern era, but I'd kill to see a game set anywhere between the 70s and 90s.

I'm anxious to see what is announced next, but given Rockstar's track record it will likely be months before we hear anything else about this release. At least we finally have official confirmation, though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Very great information indeed!
Old 09-18-2022, 02:32 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Looks like a potentially huge leak occurred tonight.

https://gtaforums.com/topic/985481-g...ge/9/#comments

If this is all fake, somebody put in a HUGE amount of effort.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2022, 02:51 AM   #56
MVP

zello144's Arena

I think it's real.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »