Home

Grand Theft Auto VI

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto VI within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2022, 01:02 PM   #65
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Grand Theft Auto VI

This leak is definitely gonna push the date back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2022, 02:25 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
This leak is definitely gonna push the date back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More than likely the unfortunate truth. I saw some saying these leaks were probably all over a year old at least, so that gives me some hope the game is closer than we realize, but I'd still say we're probably not getting GTA VI until 2024.

― Plato
Old 09-18-2022, 07:19 PM   #67
Just started!

OVR: 0

today I saw footage of how developers are testing new crash mechanics and car models in general. It looks interesting, but I didn’t notice a huge difference in graphics quality when compared with the fifth part
Old 09-18-2022, 07:57 PM   #68
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by James781
today I saw footage of how developers are testing new crash mechanics and car models in general. It looks interesting, but I didn’t notice a huge difference in graphics quality when compared with the fifth part
My friend. This would have been the pre-alpha on very low graphic settings...

This is why leaks can be dangerous. These were literally just tests they have been running that were leaked.

Some scenes were leaked as well, but again, in low quality.

Once GTA 6 is ready, it'll look solid. Heck, just look at RDR2 versus GTA 5. They did improvements there, there is no doubt there will be for GTA 6, especially on Next Gen consoles and PCs that can run it at full blast.

These were actually super cool to see how they are working on things, and wish companies would release these kind of things. I'm also a nerd, though. Don't look at these for graphics, look at these for hints of where this is taking place, time period, dialogue, striking, movement, etc...heck, some of the NPCs didn't even have faces yet, lol.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2022, 08:04 PM   #69
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

The thirst is real.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-18-2022, 08:15 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
My friend. This would have been the pre-alpha on very low graphic settings...

This is why leaks can be dangerous. These were literally just tests they have been running that were leaked.

Some scenes were leaked as well, but again, in low quality.

Once GTA 6 is ready, it'll look solid. Heck, just look at RDR2 versus GTA 5. They did improvements there, there is no doubt there will be for GTA 6, especially on Next Gen consoles and PCs that can run it at full blast.

These were actually super cool to see how they are working on things, and wish companies would release these kind of things. I'm also a nerd, though. Don't look at these for graphics, look at these for hints of where this is taking place, time period, dialogue, striking, movement, etc...heck, some of the NPCs didn't even have faces yet, lol.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
And you have to consider that GTA V was originally designed for the PS3/360, so you have to imagine GTA 6(being fully designed for these next gen consoles), should be leaps and bounds over what GTA V is

Visuals aren't my concern, I know they will won't disappoint there. My concern is them taking full advantage of next gen hardware. Something more than the current Quality/performance options and faster loading.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:19 PM   #71
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
These were actually super cool to see how they are working on things, and wish companies would release these kind of things. I'm also a nerd, though.
EA kind of gave us a peek behind the curtain for the upcoming Skate, both in their trailer and their pre-alpha release.

I will say though that as much as I love the transparency, sometimes it can take me out of the element that this isn't an actual world, and rather it's just a coded experience. With games like GTA and RDR, I'd like to not know what kind of programming provides what I'd otherwise like to consider randomized elements in game. It was such an endeavor at the time of GTA: San Andreas when an entire community was trying to search for Bigfoot. If somebody debunked it immediately by saying: "Look fellas the code doesn't exist," that would have kind of been a buzzkill.

Reading the previews/reviews for RDR 2 and the poeticism within those articles would be killed if scripts were ran and all scenes were shown as a whole. This even happens when I see the other side of a building doesn't have anything built for it, for example. It's just the facing of an exterior that I know will never have an interior, cause structural damage... things like that. It's like if you watch a movie then watch its behind-the-scenes featurettes, they reveal that something is CGI or not shot practically/with the actor when the movie creates a different kind of illusion, and then you can't unsee that every time you watch the movie thereafter.

On that same token, I always have a newfound level of appreciation regarding what goes into these games when you get that peek. I think I can accept that for certain games and not for others, though.

In all, spoilers or otherwise, I guess I'm glad I missed it knowing it was a leak of very rough/old footage with scripts and such being shown.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2022, 09:24 PM   #72
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Take Two has started their takedown purge. If you saved anything you’re sitting on gold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »