Home

Most Disappointing games

This is a discussion on Most Disappointing games within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2022, 07:46 PM   #41
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Most Disappointing games

Totally agree about Watch Dogs Legion. Other than the vehicle design and improved damage and physics from WD2, I hated everything else about this game.
Boring open world, boring map, boring characters, the Play-As-Anyone gimmick really ruined it for me. I still play WD2 occasionally, but got bored with WDL after a very short playing time.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2022, 02:19 PM   #42
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

For me...Mass Effect Andromeda. With the hype surrounding that game, it fell flat on its face.

Thankfully, they took great care with the Mass Effect Legendary Edition and it has me hyped for the potential of a TRUE Mass Effect 4.

I noticed a ton of people mentioning Madden 22. I stopped letting Madden disappoint me after Madden 19.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #43
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
For me...Mass Effect Andromeda. With the hype surrounding that game, it fell flat on its face.

Thankfully, they took great care with the Mass Effect Legendary Edition and it has me hyped for the potential of a TRUE Mass Effect 4.

I noticed a ton of people mentioning Madden 22. I stopped letting Madden disappoint me after Madden 19.
I am a huge Mass Effect fan, so Andromeda was a kick in the nuts. The characters and writing in that game are laughably bad, it's hard to believe someone got paid to do that work.

My biggest disappointment was SimCity in 2013, I was super pumped for that game, even building a new PC. When the game released and the map sizes were that of SimCity 2000, that was a sad day. As a kid, I grew up with SimCity, so it's demise was especially painful. Thank god for Cities: Skylines though.
Old 04-23-2022, 04:11 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I am a huge Mass Effect fan, so Andromeda was a kick in the nuts. The characters and writing in that game are laughably bad, it's hard to believe someone got paid to do that work.

My biggest disappointment was SimCity in 2013, I was super pumped for that game, even building a new PC. When the game released and the map sizes were that of SimCity 2000, that was a sad day. As a kid, I grew up with SimCity, so it's demise was especially painful. Thank god for Cities: Skylines though.
Sim City 2013 is a great one I didn't even think about. I was so hyped for that game. It did many things well and the UI felt very polished, but the overall package was very disappointing. It felt like multiple steps back for the franchise and they clearly haven't recovered. That's an EA tradition these days.

While far from perfect, ateast we got Cities Skylines to fill the void that Sim City left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-23-2022, 10:49 AM   #45
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2.

I enjoyed playing but could not complete the main story for either game. It is a huge disappointment and I still can't figure out the hang up.

Maybe one of these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2022, 01:50 PM   #46
All Star

OVR: 8

Black and White 2

I actually love the game, but 17 years later we still don't have Black & White 3. So, it's disappointing that it didn't lead to another sequel.

Unreal Tournament 4
Or maybe I should list Fortnite instead. Unreal Tournament is my favorite FPS series ever. I love the arena style combat, and I played the ever living crap out of Unreal Championship on the original Xbox. Unreal Tournament 4 was never completed though because EPIC games also created Fortnite at the same time as UT4 development was going. Fortnite's insane success pulled all resources from UT4's development until finally it was no longer supported. The pre-alpha version of the game has been available to download for years, I still mess around on it at times, but it's unfinished with very few players playing.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:11 AM   #47
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD - The camera in this game is horrible. You'll often wind up out of position to see what you need to be doing, and you're not presented with an intuitive way of controlling the camera. The controls were also a let down; give me an actual button to press for the sword instead of using the thumbsick. Also, the visuals remain underwhelming. I expected more upgrades here. Oh, and I found the story really weak. A big letdown for me after spending close to 200 hours with BOTW and really enjoying the Link's Awakening remake.

I'll echo the sports genre thoughts already posted. It is hard to reconcile where we are now when looking back at the PS2/Xbox/GC era. The future for these games seemed so bright and full of possibilities, and yet here we are with no consumer choice for any sport; you get one game and that's it. And, the game you get is heavily geared towards modes you don't play and crowds you don't belong to. I try and make the best of it, but really MLB The Show is the only sports game that still holds my attention longer than a month, and still they almost lost me with how disappointing 21 was.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-28-2022, 05:20 PM   #48
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

The story for RDR2 will always be disappointment for me.

I suppose it was doomed to some extent beacuse it was a prequel. But it went off the rails WAY too early. Totally predictable and unimaginative.

.. but still a distant 102nd to Madden. With the NFL being the undisputed king of entertainment, I can't believe that is the football game we are stuck with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »