Home

E3 2022 canceled

This is a discussion on E3 2022 canceled within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: E3 2022 canceled

Definitely miss the old days of e3. It always felt special. Especially when we still had G4tv with Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb commenting from the show floor. The whole event was just overall more exciting because you knew it was THE convention for big title releases across all platforms. Each platform and even some developers with their own event just kind of saturates the market making each individual show less exciting.

But for those entities I'm sure it makes more sense than competing with all of the other platforms at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2022, 09:44 AM   #10
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I really miss the days of e3 just felt special to get a lot of video game news over like 3-4 days ever year was like the superbowl week for video games and the live reactions always made things so great. Kind of sucks now days not getting to see those reactions and getting like small info at times but I also get that with todays world and like 24/7 news that e3 is not really needed. Last years e3 was beyond pathetic and 2020 we didn't get one because of covid. 2019 was terrible not has bad has last year but bad. So really 2018 was the last real e3. So e3 has been dead like 4 years now.
Still remember the Fallout 4 presentation at E3. It was awesome.

#WeAreND
Old 04-02-2022, 12:51 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yeah, there's not much need for the traditional E3 anymore when big publishers can do it on their own and get as much publicity without necessarily worrying about being outshined. Either they can do their own showcase or jump onto another showcase like GamesCon, ONL, an event in Summer Gamefest
Thing to is that Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft all had to pay to for a room to show there stuff to and no point in paying for that when you can just like randomly drop a YouTube video. But still will always miss e3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2022, 12:59 AM   #12
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Still remember the Fallout 4 presentation at E3. It was awesome.

The thing is to that in like may you would always get some e3 rumors and normally a few would be true or have some kind of truth to it. Like I remember before spiderman ps4 was made there where rumors about a Suck punch Spiderman game lol. The rumor got the company wrong but they where right about getting a exclusive AAA spiderman game lol. Those rumors leading up to e3 always created more hype to.

I remember both e3 2016 and 17 for Sony where great I mean like look at some of the stuff that was shown in 2016 for example.
https://www.businessinsider.com/play...ider-man-ps4-8

Now with not having these live events the closet thing you can really get to reactions is watching people who make a reaction video to a trailer but still not the same. The other thing is not really knowing when you will get news. Look at Sony last year they did the big show case in September but we dont know if they are going to do another big show in September this year again or if they will do one in like April, May, July etc. If it was like the past you would like get PSVR 2 price and release date and launch games at e3 and like release date for GOW Ragnork or something. Now we really don't know when we will get those things.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:03 AM   #13
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Old 04-04-2022, 07:54 PM   #14
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I find myself having very little interest in recent Live gaming events. It's mostly games I don't care about like indie games, zombies, fantasy or post apocalyptic ones or online games in general.

Each time I sit and watch these events I feel like it was a huge waste of times. I guess it would be best for me to just wait for an event by a developer of a specific game I am waiting for, like Volition or Rockstar.
So no E3 may not be such a bad thing. Just show me trailers and gameplay of the games I am waiting for, just a small online event. I don't need the whole E3 production.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 04-04-2022, 11:10 PM   #15
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

The one and only thing I cared about with E3 was the Bethesda Game Studios showcases when they had a big reveal. I was looking forward to that this year with Starfield. So now I’m wondering, at what point will we see a big Starfield reveal? Does Microsoft have its own showcase planned at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 11:25 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
The one and only thing I cared about with E3 was the Bethesda Game Studios showcases when they had a big reveal. I was looking forward to that this year with Starfield. So now I’m wondering, at what point will we see a big Starfield reveal? Does Microsoft have its own showcase planned at some point?

I'm expecting the Xbox Games Showcase to be on Sunday June 12th. Same as last year but hopefully, 2 hours long and no pre-show. This is where you'll get your 20+ minute blowout for Starfield.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »