Home

Headset Yes or NO???????

This is a discussion on Headset Yes or NO??????? within the Non-Sports Online Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming > Non-Sports Online Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Headset Yes or NO???????

I am loving this xbox live thing but I can't talk to anyone I'm hearing all kinds of advice that you don't need a headset, yes you do need one but the microsoft set sucks????? DO yo need one and if yes who makes the best one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Headset Yes or NO???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportswacko
I am loving this xbox live thing but I can't talk to anyone I'm hearing all kinds of advice that you don't need a headset, yes you do need one but the microsoft set sucks????? DO yo need one and if yes who makes the best one.
Plantronics makes the best headsets period.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary
Plantronics makes the best headsets period.

Now the guy at gamestop is telling me I can save money and just use a cell phone headset on xbox live is that really true?????????
Old 08-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

MS headsets suck indeed.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
You don't need a headset. If you don't have one, I wouldn't waste the money on one. Most of the time people just run their mouth over it anyway, especially in game like Halo or shooters. Of course your mileage may vary, but I don't like to talk when I play football. I find myself getting a lot delay of game penalties because trying to carry on a conversation and look through your playbook at the same time just doesn't work. So usually if I have my headset plugged in, I just say "Hello" and then lay it down beside me on the couch.

The only time I ever keep the headset on is if I am playing with someone I know from my friend's list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #6
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

i like the use of headsets.. i use a plantronic one for my xbl... agree though with Badgun.. i really only play with guys that are on my buddy list.. too many times i have had "little kiddies", "rapper-wanna-be's", & "American Idol castoffs" plowing into my headset which i cannot take.. i dont mind the banter with my those I know, but god, you do meet some waco random players out there...
Old 08-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Now the guy at gamestop is telling me I can save money and just use a cell phone headset on xbox live is that really true?????????
Yes.
Anyways I also use a Plantronics Headset. I have used a cell phone mic also with no problems.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #8
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

Agree with Plantronics headset

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming > Non-Sports Online Gaming »