Home

***The Official OOTP Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official OOTP Thread*** within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2019, 11:58 PM   #1049
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ***The Official OOTP Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
After I got fired I decided to take the Giants GM job. First year I finished 80-82 and now I'm in my second season:

Spoiler

Woah, great job! Good luck in the postseason. Ive never seen anything like that last goal, sounds interesting. Maybe you’ll become a legend Giants GM
Old 02-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #1050
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCowse
Woah, great job! Good luck in the postseason. Ive never seen anything like that last goal, sounds interesting. Maybe you’ll become a legend Giants GM

Yeah I got that sometimes in my Angels save before the goals got totally dumb like wanting 9, 10, 11 team leaders (i.e. the owner kept wanting more lol)

I also remember it from when I did the Marlins.

Seems to favor rebuild team or teams with fallow farms that the owner would like to revitalize.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:15 AM   #1051
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

So I exported the leagues.csv file.

I see a field called "gender".

Now, maybe I'm missing something...but why does a league need a gender?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2019, 08:08 AM   #1052
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
So I exported the leagues.csv file.

I see a field called "gender".

Now, maybe I'm missing something...but why does a league need a gender?
A long time ago when I played I believe after a certain point in time women began to be able to join the leagues. It has been quite some time though so I don't recall how long before that was possible. Maybe (maybe?) it is an option in the set up and even if unchecked csv file may maintain a place? I'm going from memory and it hasn't been what it used to be though.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #1053
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
A long time ago when I played I believe after a certain point in time women began to be able to join the leagues. It has been quite some time though so I don't recall how long before that was possible. Maybe (maybe?) it is an option in the set up and even if unchecked csv file may maintain a place? I'm going from memory and it hasn't been what it used to be though.

Ooooh now I'm intrigued! I might have to "experiment" with changing that and seeing what happens.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:54 PM   #1054
All Star

OVR: 8

What, if any, limits is everyone using on minor league service time to get around roster bloat?

I've experimented roster limits in the past, but I've read that they have some unintended consequences.

I just set my league up using service time/age limits. I'm using a slightly modified version that someone posted on reddit from an older version of the game.

R...3 years service time
Low A...4 years service time
A...5 years service time
A+...5 years service time
AA...28 years old max
AAA...no limit

We'll see how it works out.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #1055
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
What, if any, limits is everyone using on minor league service time to get around roster bloat?
I'm using most of these (the ones OOTP can emulate):

Quote:
Here are the roster limits by league:

Triple-A: International, Pacific Coast - 25 active.
Double-A: Eastern, Southern, Texas - 25 active.
Class A Advanced: California, Carolina, Florida State - 25 active; 35 under control; no more than two players and one player-coach on active list may have six or more years of prior Minor League service.
Class A: Midwest, South Atlantic - 25 active; 35 under control; no more than two players on active list may have five or more years of prior Minor League service.
Class A Short-Season: New York-Penn, Northwest - 35 active. No more than three players on the Active List may have four or more years of prior Minor League service.
Rookie: Appalachian, Pioneer leagues - 35 active. No more than three players on the Active List may have three or more years of prior Minor League service.
Rookie: Arizona, Gulf Coast leagues - 35 active. No player on the Active List may have three or more years of prior Minor League service.
Rookie: Venezuelan Summer, Dominican Summer - 35 active. No player on the Active List may have four or more years of prior Minor League Service. No Draft-eligible player from the U.S. or Canada (not including players from Puerto Rico) may participate in the DSL or VSL.
Source: https://www.milb.com/about/faqs-business

For the ones where it's like "no more than 3 players", I just set it to the upper limit, so like for the R level it's 35 active roster and 3 years service. High-A is 6 years of service, etc.

For where it lists separate active and control, I used control as the roster limit in the game, so A levels have 35 roster limit.

I don't do age limits since I don't see them in the above list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #1056
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Got a few questions. I will try to keep this as concise as possible...

What is everyone's 'preferred' method to play this game (i.e. manager only, manager/gm, gm only)? I am looking to get deep into this, and carry it over my save.

Is there much to do 'day to day' if you play as GM? Or is it really just a matter of simulating games? Seems manager mode would have much more "to do"--but, the inability to bring in the players I want (is this accurate assessment?)?

This game is very overwhelming but also very exciting to get into. Is there an 'easier' approach (i.e. gm, manager)?

Thanks guys--I likely will have more, but perhaps this can facilitate some discussion!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »