Home

***The Official OOTP Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official OOTP Thread*** within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2019, 02:41 AM   #1081
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: ***The Official OOTP Thread***

I've seen the 3 Blind Mice thing before. Some of the news stories can be a trip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2019, 08:51 PM   #1082
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
In real life the Braves game @ Colorado was postponed. I just played the makeup game in my franchise when Colorado came to town. The makeup game had them as the home team. The SunTrust Park crowd acted as if we were at Coors Field. Not a big deal, but kinda funny. Is that a common issue with the makeup games?
This is a common occurrence in OOTP. Makeup games are designed to be made up as part of a double header. But, if the two teams don't meet again in the home team's stadium then it will be made up as part of a double header in the visiting team's stadium.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2019, 10:59 PM   #1083
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrobx1
This is a common occurrence in OOTP. Makeup games are designed to be made up as part of a double header. But, if the two teams don't meet again in the home team's stadium then it will be made up as part of a double header in the visiting team's stadium.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Yea, I get that. The issue is that the crowd is cheering as if we were still in Colorado and not in Atlanta. It isn't a big deal, but just funny.

― Plato
Old 05-16-2019, 06:02 AM   #1084
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

What would you all say is most important in a PC for getting low sim times? Preferably for really large universes (ex. all base leagues + full high school and NCAA feeders)
Old 05-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #1085
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
What would you all say is most important in a PC for getting low sim times? Preferably for really large universes (ex. all base leagues + full high school and NCAA feeders)

Probably CPU (especially # of cores) to handle multiple sim tasks/calcs, enough RAM (to reduce paging), and fast storage (and transfer speed) since the game does a lot of file read/write.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #1086
All Star

OVR: 8

How do you guys handle a backlog on minor league talent when you already have a solid and young mlb team?

I'm in this weird situation where I have a top 10 minor league system with a really good rotation and highly rated relievers throughout my bullpen. Catcher is the only real weakness on my team, but even if I were to trade for a better one I'd still have a backlog at a few positions.

There are a few other places I could upgrade, but unless I'm taking the best player in the league at those positions the upgrades would be marginal.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM   #1087
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
How do you guys handle a backlog on minor league talent when you already have a solid and young mlb team?

If some of those kids are top tier, I might package for a true elite player.

If they are 50-65 types, I might would package with someone I could deal from the major league team for a 70-75 type starter prospect. Say I had a good 3B backlog and a solid 65 3B at the ML level. I would deal the majors guy and a good prospect or two (or three) to try to get a 70 prospect (or established player) at a position I'm not as deep, and play a solid prospect at 3B to let him learn.

If some of them have two-way potential, I'd let them try it while waiting for a spot to open.

If some of my majors talent is coming up on arbitration (or big arbitration number jumps), then I might deal them while they still have some team control, especially if I might need to the money to extend a high-value player (like my ace, etc.) and then open up a spot for a good prospect.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #1088
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just won a Championship in a fictional save, year 2055. My owner wants me to extend our 35-year old DH who hit for 2 WAR and has a 20 defensive rating in RF. The league (on auto-evolve) just removed the DH. Maybe it’s time for me to look for a new job...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »