Home

***The Official OOTP Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official OOTP Thread*** within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2019, 01:04 PM   #1033
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: ***The Official OOTP Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Talk about a loaded OF, now I'm more tempted than ever to find a way to try this!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
I haven't tried this yet, but I imagine it would be about as simple as doing a historical game with random debut enabled. Then manually import any players using their player ID (if you were unhappy with the pool of players that randomly debut at first). With a good deal more micromanagement, you could probably maintain all the other teams has having only "their players." Could be tricky as to where guys with split careers end up.

I almost think it would be more fun including the scrubs (like having Kevin Tapani as my #2 starter on the Cubs...or Twins...lol) and then yearning for Fergie Jenkins or Kerry Wood or Rick Sutcliffe or Greg Maddux to show up in that years' draft class.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 02-14-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #1034
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Rangers would be fun with ARod, Pudge, Palmeiro, Hamilton, Young, Beltre, Juan, Greer, Al Oliver and Nolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rusty Greer! Yes!

Nolan Ryan would be a great piece to build around for the Mets, Angels, Astros, or Rangers. I think he'd make any of those All-Time teams, lol.

By the way, I watched a documentary last night that asserted a pitch that Nolan Ryan made with the California Angels might be the fastest pitch ever recorded (~108 MPH after doing some math to correct for the original measurement being too close to home plate). Oh yeah, it was in the 9th inning of a complete game, too. Makes me want to watch some old Advil commercials for sure.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #1035
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Couple questions as I learn this "OOTP World" (color me overwhelmed, lol)...

1) Is there Y2Y saves, like in MLB The Show?

2) When playing a 'normal' (see: realistic) save, do you guys load up other leagues? What would be the pros/cons to doing that? Just, a larger player database? Does having vs not having these leagues affect the international players draft?

More to come, TIA as always!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2019, 10:56 PM   #1036
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

2) When playing a 'normal' (see: realistic) save, do you guys load up other leagues? What would be the pros/cons to doing that? Just, a larger player database? Does having vs not having these leagues affect the international players draft?

1) Yes. When the new game comes out, you'll have the option to convert.

2) Player can get posted (think: Ohtani, Ichiro, etc), they can enter your league as free agents (and vice versa - I've had players leave the MLB to play in China, NPB, etc, then try again to find jobs in MLB). The IAFA's I think are just generated, they aren't feeders from the international leagues (just like the Amateur Draft if you don't use high school/college feeder leagues)
Old 02-14-2019, 11:59 PM   #1037
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:

1) Yes, your files will be forward compatible with this being a computer game and all. Anything you do on OOTP 19 can be pretty easily carried into OOTP 20.

2) The only con to not including all the foreign leagues is sim speed relative to your cpu's processing power. With more teams/players/games going on in your universe, it requires a decent computer to crank through it. Not to say you can't use an older computer, but advancing would take somewhat longer if you want to "fast sim" forward or when running the yearly almanac.

Like in real life, there isn't really an "international players draft" in OOTP (you could certainly mod one if you wanted a true international draft). There is the usual Rule 4 amateur draft in which you select 35 rounds of amateur talent from high school/college. There is also the international signing period starting on July 2nd in which you can offer bonus money to foreign amateurs. Both the amount of players generated and your bonus pool allotment for this are customizable. This will occur even if you have international leagues turned off. There are also "scouting discoveries" for which your scouting director comes back to you about once per month on average reporting on how he "discovered" a 16/17 year old from a foreign country and has assigned him to your international complex. Finally, there are established international free agents that can be generated (even if you have foreign leagues off) and signed. This is again customizable as to how many of them you want.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #1038
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear

Like in real life, there isn't really an "international players draft" in OOTP (you could certainly mod one if you wanted a true international draft). There is the usual Rule 4 amateur draft in which you select 35 rounds of amateur talent from high school/college. There is also the international signing period starting on July 2nd in which you can offer bonus money to foreign amateurs. Both the amount of players generated and your bonus pool allotment for this are customizable. This will occur even if you have international leagues turned off. There are also "scouting discoveries" for which your scouting director comes back to you about once per month on average reporting on how he "discovered" a 16/17 year old from a foreign country and has assigned him to your international complex. Finally, there are established international free agents that can be generated (even if you have foreign leagues off) and signed. This is again customizable as to how many of them you want.

Awesome feedback. This helps tremendously. I’m sure I’ll have more questions to come lol.

Thanks so much to you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 05:39 PM   #1039
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Ok guys--question now is in regard to online league?

If I have a buddy I want to play with, it's possible for me to create a league, yes? And does it work like the old school NCAA used to be--by way of you play your game on that day and then mark yourself ready, and then the commissioner advances things? I haven't played anything online in years.

TIA!
Old 02-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #1040
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Ok guys--question now is in regard to online league?

If I have a buddy I want to play with, it's possible for me to create a league, yes? And does it work like the old school NCAA used to be--by way of you play your game on that day and then mark yourself ready, and then the commissioner advances things? I haven't played anything online in years.

TIA!

No - set your league up and then go into Game Settings -> Online League and then check the box to enable online mode.

I'm not 100% sure after that, I've never set up a league in a modern OOTP. I'm in one league as a GM. Last I was commissioner, it was OOTP6 and was just setting up the FTP password and server so people can export to the server from their copy of the game before the sim, you can get the exports before the sim, and the you upload the league file and they download the league file after every sim. If you have a league website, you'd upload the html to the server as well via FTP.

I assume a lot of that is still the case since, essentially, it's still the same process. Your friend will manage their team from their copy of the game and export you the moves they made. You bring them in and finish the game day when ready.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »