Home

OOTP 19 Franchise Progress

This is a discussion on OOTP 19 Franchise Progress within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #41
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
OOTP 19 Franchise Progress

[quote=Skyboxer;2049276687]1985 Yankees:

April in the Books.

Love those old division alignments, winning a division pennant was such an accomplishment.

Last edited by dodgerblue; 03-22-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #42
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: OOTP 19 Franchise Progress

[quote=dodgerblue;2049279281]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
1985 Yankees:

April in the Books.

Love those old division alignments, winning a division pennant was such an accomplishment.

Will post update tomorrow..
We are through mid-July and stuck in mud.
Currently in 3rd place.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #43
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Spoiler
Nice summary! I enjoyed reading it. As you mentioned, that rotation ain't scaring anybody, but at least you cleared a ton of payroll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Off to a rough start with the Angels. Lost SP JC Ramirez for 6 months. The Orioles waived Dylan Bundy, and I claimed him, he's not my #5 starter. Bullpen is killing me.
Hmmm, interesting. I also picked up Dylan Bundy from waivers early in 2018 of my A's save. The O's signed Eric Hacker from the KBO to replace him. Bundy was only making $1.65MM or something. A bit of a head scratcher, but he promptly got clobbered in his 1st start for me.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 03-23-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Nice summary! I enjoyed reading it. As you mentioned, that rotation ain't scaring anybody, but at least you cleared a ton of payroll.

Hmmm, interesting. I also picked up Dylan Bundy from waivers early in 2018 of my A's save. The O's signed Eric Hacker from the KBL to replace him. Bundy was only making $1.65MM or something. A bit of a head scratcher, but he promptly got clobbered in his 1st start for me.
He's 3-0 for me now. ERA since he's been on my team is like 1.45, last game was a complete game win in which he gave up 2 runs on 4 hits.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Couldn't resist. Set up shop with the Marlins and trying to remake them into a W.S. team (again).

Turned on all the available international leagues, because why not. All the default settings and stuff for now.

Alright, boxes unpacked. Office set up. Internet working. Time to start the franchise.

And what a bleak scene.

Figured things would be dire but this...this is depressing. On the plus side, it's like a blank canvas, so an opportunity to make a mark and shape the squad from the ground up. Bad news is it's literally from the ground.

Looking at what's there, though...Sandy Alcantara looks like he'll be up sooner than later. Going to resist bringing him to the majors for now, but he is added to the 40-man. IF Isan Diaz seems interesting...if risky... He'll start the year at AA to see how he handles things.

Same is true for Monte Harrison, who seems like an athletic outfielder in the making. A case could be made that he's decent enough to be better than the outfielders on the roster...in fact, Harrison is a kid I will watch closely.

Otherwise, not much we can do just yet. I see some players who could move up/down between the majors and AAA, but no need to rush anything.

Money isn't really there and what is there, I'm going to invest in scouting the avenues new talent enters the league - draft and international talent. Our scout is best in those areas as well so it make sense. A fair bit invested in the minors as well so we can make sure we have decent reads on our existing farm talents.

What we can do, however, is look for minor league talent offer them minors contracts. I asked our head scout for the youngest, fastest defenders with a decent shot at being overall average players. He gave me his sorted list. We're targeting a few kids right now:

IF Brayant Aponte
OF Yennrys Mendez
OF Danielsan Heureaux
IF Edwin Ochoa
LHP Jose Orta
RHP Santy Prada

Sadly, we ended up only with the pitchers and Ochoa. Looks like other teams had the same ideas. Ochoa already proving to be an enigma. For some reason, he listed himself as an infielder when he scouts best as an outfielder. We'll have him be CF for the time being since he has the skills to handle it, potentially anyway.

Put out some offers to help build our farm coaching staff. Most notable was our success in wooing John Farrell to be our manager for AA-Jacksonville.

Rejected a trade from the Giants...just not what we're looking for. We need to look to the future, not swap vet player and throw in a prospect for the privilege.

Only thing to do now is hit the field and see how things start shaking out.

Last edited by KBLover; 03-22-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 09:57 PM   #46
Pro

notsobabybombers's Arena

OVR: 0

I find this funny: I've improved by one win in the three regular seasons I've played so far.

2018-101 wins, lost in DS to Boston
2019-102 wins, won WS
2020-103 wins, will face Boston in DS
Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 PM   #47
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

So at the mid-summer classic and things have been fair better this year. 35-40 which isn't great but still have a chance to finish at or above .500. The AL East is just brutal...in the off-season the Blue Jays signed Harper and Charlie Blackmon, Yanks and Sox are still just monsters both tied for 1st at 49-26.

So in an effort to do something with my rotation I basically found cheap arms that had a track record and decided to see what would happen because it couldn't be worse than what happened last year. So I added Matt Harvey, Matt Moore and Jake Odorizzi, while none have been great they have done the job and are doing enough to allow my revamped offense have a chance. Problem now is my bull pen has gone awol. O'Day regressed before his injury was posting a 7.13 ERA in 24 innings. I took a chance on a highly rated closer Yin-Tou Lai out of Taiwan and it took him a while to get it going but just as he was finally getting it together boom Torn Flexor...

Lastly, while I am really enjoying the lineup I've got I feel like I'm gonna have to move either Bogarts or Schoop because they both want like $23 million a year next year and I don't have the budget for both (or even one at this point lol).
Attached Images
File Type: png Season 2 All Star Break.png (1.18 MB, 145 views)

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-22-2018, 11:58 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

BNN's top prospect list came out...and...yeah...

One Marlin. Brinson came in at #45. So if we didn't trade Yelich, it would have been none. Just wow.

We entered trade talks with the Blue Jays. They are interested Dan Straily and Brad Ziegler. This is intriguing for us as it would free up salary. As such, we're trying to maximize the return, but we're trying not to push to hard so as not to scare away our potential trade partner.

In the end, we completed a deal after about 10 days of phone calls. We sent Straily and Ziegler along with prospect SP Trevor Richards and RP prospect Jeremy Ovalle. In return, we picked up a trio of prospects: LF Anthony Alford, 2B Logan Wormoth, and SP Maximo Castillo.

The deal saves us about $12 million in current money and both were pending free agents. Alford will start at CF so we can get a look at him. He seems to have what it takes for sure. Maybin probably won't be thrilled...but he might not be here next season anyway...

Alford is #50 on BNN's top prospects list. So there's that. Pundits seemed to like the trade for both teams, so maybe some PR gain there.

Chris O'Grady was called up from New Orleans to take the starting spot vacated by the trade.

In other news, ticket prices were lowered 20%. The early returns have been positive. While the attendance is still not what we want it to be, it has shown a marked improvement so far. Season ticket sales grew 27% while overall attendance is currently up 35%. Granted...it's Opening Week...but it's still encouraging...

April Overview

Ended April with a 10-18 record, last in the division. Brinson suffered our first major injury at the majors...out for about 5 weeks the docs are saying.

The pitching staff has really let the team down. Chris O'Grady has thrown the ball well since his call up - 3.27 ERA. Everyone else...not even close.

On top of that, Mattingly does not like Alford. Granted, Anthony is doing himself no favors with his hitting, but he also has gotten just 37 PAs. That's just not enough to evaluate anything...and that's with getting the start at right field (not center!) with Brinson down. Sure, he'll probably take to RF fine, but it's not his strength. He doesn't have the arm for one thing. If someone goes first-to-third, he won't get him from RF but might from CF...

On the plus side, Alcantara has moved up to AAA already after posting a 1.00 ERA at Jacksonville. His first start in New Orleans was also strong. Kind of feel like we're rushing him, but we'll see how he handles being challenged at AAA.

Now might be the time to shop Starlin Castro. He's batting .392 with 8 home runs. His contract is...not friendly...but maybe with this hot run he's on, he might draw at least passing interest from a win-now team that needs an infielder. That would be nice since getting out from Prado's ridiculous contract will be asking for a miracle.

Realmuto being shopped later is not out of the question. He's in arbitration so at least some team control left and Tomas Telis will likely be less expensive while doing decent enough. We'll see, though. Will depend on how the catcher prospects start looking come midseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »