Home

Out of the Park Baseball 19 Review: Another Achievement for the Series

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 19 Review: Another Achievement for the Series within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2018, 07:04 PM   #17
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 19 Review: Another Achievement for the Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I think if the player is familiar with baseball - basically just jump in and test your opinions and see what sticks. That's pretty much OOTP. You think you should promote until the prospect sucks at a level? Try it and see how he responds. You want to bat the pitcher 7th? Try it and see. Not sure what to do? Ask your manager or bench coach and see what they do.

I understand the sentiment and don't disagree that it would be nice to have in-game guides to help the players, but it's hard to give them that but not having them be "this is how the game 'should' play"...because OOTP will do stuff that will defy those guides...and it won't take long.
Yeah, I think a lot of new players get in trouble thinking there is a "correct way" to play the game. They don't realize this is more of a sandbox game. It's your sandbox so do what you want with it. Certain types of noobs seem to always want to double check everything first according to a rubric that doesn't really exist rather than dive in and move some sand around.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Yeah, I think a lot of new players get in trouble thinking there is a "correct way" to play the game. They don't realize this is more of a sandbox game. It's your sandbox so do what you want with it. Certain types of noobs seem to always want to double check everything first according to a rubric that doesn't really exist rather than dive in and move some sand around.
i think this is probably me
Old 05-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #19
Rookie

Eh-Red's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
no offence WaitTIlNextYear but this game is very hard to come at from my point of view being a Baseball and management sim fan from the UK. Just some tips like when you hover the mouse over certain stats what they actually mean ...things like that. i WANT to learn it and play it but from someone like me it is very hard to get started. had i been brought up on the sport like i am with Football (soccer) then yes it would be a lot easier to get started. you would probably have a similar experience playing Football Manager*
I usually suggest for people to try the mobile version (MLB Manager) first if they want to try OOTP but don't have a high knowledge of baseball. It isn't nearly as good as the main game but it is way less complex and it is only 5 or 6 bucks.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hey Kamackeris, feel free to reach out to me anytime you have questions or even if you want to chat off-line about OOTP. *I remember starting out with Football Manager back in the day and being pretty overwhelmed. *I understood the game, but the level of detail in FM was a lot to deal with at first. *I didn't get into football/soccer until the 2006 World Cup....growing up in the US it just wasn't appealing to me as a kid for some reason.....but I got the bug big time in 2006 and I've been watching the game ever since. *The world cup is my favorite sporting event. *I'm an Arsenal supporter mainly because my local club (Colorado Rapids) is owned by the same owner and they have a loose affiliation. *Also, to be fair, because I used to play as them a lot in PES back in the days of Henry. *LOL. *Anyway, my favorite sport is baseball, which I know like the back of my hand. *I am happy to help another fan learn more about the game, and the wonderful OOTP game. *Cheers.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #21
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its funny because I love the idea of this game and really want to love it but just don't. I am not sure why. I bought the 2017 version the 2016 version and a bunch of previous ones. Each time I tell myself how much I love baseball and how deep the game is. But then I get bogged down. I try to play day to day and I keep getting news stories that are irrelevant to me, or trade offers that do not make sense, or some roster thing that is irritating to fix or some financial issue that I have to go through twenty screen to till I can move on. Then I try to sim a bunch but it just seems like the same method each time; trade established players for prospects, sign international players (with like 30 emails to do it), finish with a terrible record to draft high then rinse and repeat. Sign some players in off season two or three and then win a bunch. I seem to spend most of my time deleting emails. I end up just getting tired and giving up.

Just my thoughts and was wondering if anyone feels similar? All this being said at some point I will probably buy 19. I love baseball and want to love this game. Who knows maybe this time it will stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2018, 11:42 PM   #22
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Not sure if it'll help you enjoy the game more, but you can change your email settings. If you don't like getting certain types of messages you can un-check those types.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »