Home

Out of the Park Baseball 20 Announced, Releases March 22nd

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 20 Announced, Releases March 22nd within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 20 Announced, Releases March 22nd

You will NOT be disappointed if you jump into OOTP. Everything you could want in managing a franchise is here and you can let the computer AUTO anything you don't want to be detailed with. Talk about IMMERSION. My biggest stress each year is do I keep my current save going or start a new one??

One reason I buy every year whether the new features overwhelm me or not is....I want to support developers like Markus that are in this for people like me! While others have moved on to card-based microtransaction type games to make $, OOTP still provides the thrill of managing a franchise and I want to support him. But trust me, this year's OOTP 20 features will make 19 seem old-school to me! Spray charts..wow! I'm going to feel like a real manager/GM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #26
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7
You will NOT be disappointed if you jump into OOTP. Everything you could want in managing a franchise is here and you can let the computer AUTO anything you don't want to be detailed with. Talk about IMMERSION. My biggest stress each year is do I keep my current save going or start a new one??

One reason I buy every year whether the new features overwhelm me or not is....I want to support developers like Markus that are in this for people like me! While others have moved on to card-based microtransaction type games to make $, OOTP still provides the thrill of managing a franchise and I want to support him. But trust me, this year's OOTP 20 features will make 19 seem old-school to me! Spray charts..wow! I'm going to feel like a real manager/GM.
Yeah, this will be a pretty cool feature and it didn't even make my top 3 list for OOTP 20. Now that's what it's like to be satisfied with how a game is evolving.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:49 AM   #27
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah I'm preordering asap. Just waiting until next weekend when I get another check in to replace my $460 school payment.

All of these new features are great, but I think the best thing is that the game structure doesn't change at all, or if it does they tell you. For example, if you tweak aging and development in OOTP 19, odds are its going to work just about the same in OOTP 20. For console games, they're always tweaking gameplay so much that sliders are always independent for each game and just about never work for multiple games (ex. The Show 18 to 19)

Last edited by itsmb8; 03-01-2019 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:50 AM   #28
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I have a sneaky suspicion that the OOTP thread is going to get a bump in activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #29
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I have a sneaky suspicion that the OOTP thread is going to get a bump in activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be pretty nice, but this year's thread died out pretty quickly after some early excitement (despite KBLover's best efforts to bring us some Angels baseball reports). I think most of the people who are really invested in this game do their board-work over at OOTP Developments Forum. Others that just kinda dabble until MLB The Show comes out get siphoned off pretty quickly.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:47 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780

I hope so.

I'll be (and still am) here, but I'm sure everyone is tired of me going on about my Angels in the new world of MLB/NPB gradual merging (or seems that way anyway lol).

That's one of the real reasons I slowed down here. After all, it's not KBLover's OOTP19 Franchise Progress.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I hope so.

I'll be (and still am) here, but I'm sure everyone is tired of me going on about my Angels in the new world of MLB/NPB gradual merging (or seems that way anyway lol).

That's one of the real reasons I slowed down here. After all, it's not KBLover's OOTP19 Franchise Progress.

Love reading them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2019, 03:43 PM   #32
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I hope so.

You could always do a thread in the dynasty section if you're worried about that--or--heck, your own dedicated franchise thread in this OOTP forum and I doubt anyone would mind.

People are probably still reading you but if they're anything like me they get too lazy to like/comment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »