Home

OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2019, 10:00 PM   #33
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Those are awesome - where would I pick those up? The OOTP board?
Right click...save image as. Easy peasy.

Save naming convention should be like

ballcaps_carolina_pilots

jerseys_carolina_pilots

jerseys_carolina_pilots_away

logos_carolina_pilots

so the game can find them more easily
Old 03-23-2019, 02:14 AM   #34
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Right click...save image as. Easy peasy.

Save naming convention should be like

ballcaps_carolina_pilots

jerseys_carolina_pilots

jerseys_carolina_pilots_away

logos_carolina_pilots

so the game can find them more easily
This.

Name the white jersey "jersey_carolina_pilots" and the gray "jersey_carolina_pilots_away" and then the rest something like "jersey_carolina_pilots_alternate_(number or color)" or something like that. The caps are simple, the modern brown with the blue bill is the home, "caps_carolina_pilots" and the all brown modern cap is "caps_carolina_pilots_away."

Also, the jersey and cap that look like a fauxback, name them just that.

And the blue jersey and cap, I would suggest naming them with blue at the end so it's easier to remember to pair them together.

When it comes down to it, you can really use them however you want to, but thats how they're supposed to be used.

And lastly, I'll put up the logos soon, and at some point I'll get you updated uniform sets using a better template, New Era instead of UA for the caps, either keeping UA or replacing it with Nike, and without the numbers and NOB and all the unnecessary extras.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:20 AM   #35
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Also, I'm currently working on a 2019 uniform and fields project that will have all 2019 uniforms 100% accurate and fields as accurate as possible with multiple versions (ex. Opening Day/Week for all fields, ASG for Cleveland, playoff versions for all teams, and maybe some extra patterns or something).

Heres an example with a couple Milwaukee jerseys and a cap.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Im planning on including at least the home/away uniforms for MiLB teams in that project too.
Attached Images
File Type: png jerseys_milwaukee_brewers.png (174.2 KB, 122 views)
File Type: png jerseys_milwaukee_brewers_alternate_home.png (166.2 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg caps_milwaukee_brewers.jpg (12.7 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by itsmb8; 03-23-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2019, 11:03 AM   #36
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm starting fresh. I get the game free every year as I review it so I take that as a nice starting point to restart and have fun with it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Trout Gets Mega Deal
Seven-year Pact Priced at $303 Million

Mike Trout is the best player in the game according to most. He'll be paid like it.

The average annual salary is eye-popping enough, clocking in at $43 million, but at the peak salary, Trout will earn $47 million. Per season.

"I mean, it's no surprise, " one journalist commented, "It was a keep-him-at-any-cost situation. Letting Trout walk? They might as well move out of the city while they are at it."

Trout, of course, don't want to comment on the contract, stating that his concern was "bringing a World Series championship". As usual, Trout deflected questions make towards helping the team.

"It's about the team and the city. Everything else is just an expression of trust that my focus will remain on those two things and that my play will do both justice, " Trout commented.

The Angels are currently dominating the AL West with a 47-25 record, a whopping 11 games out front.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:23 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

League, deGrom Stunned by Trade
Mets Deal Top Pitcher to Cubs

In a move that shocked pretty much everyone, perhaps even the Cubs GM, the Mets swung a trade as the deadline approaches that sends deGrom and William Castro in return for Ian Happ, Pavin Smith, and Alonso Gaitan.

"I don't know what to make of this, " one N.L. GM commented, "The Cubs look a lot more scary come playoff time. But I don't know why the Mets even did this."

Speculation abounds from anything to internal clubhouse friction, deGrom being upset over his 2018 campaign where he was dominating but got little support, and was seeing similar in 2019, or the Mets wanted to free up money.

Whatever the case, the Cubs rotation will receive a major jolt. Hsin Guan was doing a fine job as the #1 starter, posting a 3.02 ERA, but he'll move down now. Kyle Hendricks is finessing his way to a 2.44 ERA despite just 5.7 K/9, an absolutely paltry number by today's standards, Jose Quintana has a 3.42 ERA, and don't forget about Yu Darvish and Jon Lester, both of whom are snapping back with worthwhile campaigns.

Who becomes the odd man out in that group is anyone's guess. Some might say Lester, the oldest in the bunch. Guan has options but demoting him would be tough with his good showing so far.

But talk about a good problem to have! Most teams would love to have the "problem" of figuring out which solid pitcher to move out to make room for a true big league ace.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:29 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Foxes Fall Short on Final Day
Team Reaches .500, Loses Wild Card to Phillies in Final Game

The Foxes found themselves in the midst of what would be an improving season, setting at 70-76 with roster expansion coming close. While the front office was evaluating who could get those September cups of coffee, the Foxes started on a roll.

A modest streak turned into the unthinkable.

Then, it didn't stop there. The team poked its head into plus territory for a few days. Another slump looked like the Foxes would have to be content with coming close to 80 wins.

Instead, the team got hot again as the roster expansion plans changed and only a handful of players, ones that looked best to help the club's dark horse run, made the jump.

Fast forward to the final series. The Phillies held the second Wild Card, up three with three head-to-head games with the Foxes. The Foxes won the first two with the second win being a 7-5 nail-biter in 11 innings. Ronald Guzman hit a 2-run home run for the winning runs.

However, the Phillies routed the Foxes in game 162 to cling to their playoff berth.

The Foxes players, many of them frustrated at coming so tantalizingly close, took out their frustration on Gatorade coolers, bat racks, and their lockers. Some screamed in anger. Emotions were high. Manger Alex Hidalgo let all that play out for a bit before breaking a bat over his knee and slamming it on the floor to get everyone's attention.

"That's how I feel, too, " Hildalgo pointed to the bat on the ground, "That's how I ******* feel. I feel like each of the Phillies reached in our chest and ripped out our hearts and stomped them with their damn cleats. But that's okay. I want you to feel that. I see it on your faces. That's pennant chase baseball."

"For most of us, this is our first or second years as big leaguers, especially as full timers. Not just injury replacements or cups of coffee. This is what it's like to be on the wrong side of winning. I want everyone to bathe in this feeling, see how bad it tastes and feels. It will make you never want it again."

Hildago paused his speech and handed out posters. On them read "Everyone needs haters. If you don't have haters, you're not doing anything."

"No one gave two ***** about us when we first formed. Now that we almost bounced the mighty Phillies and their Bryce Harper and all that, people will be coming in here trying to tell us why we failed. Every time we take a step back, we'll get the 'see? they aren't good enough."

"They will come to Yoshi [Tsutsugo] and say 'why didn't you hit any homers in the last game?' They will come to Reese [McGuire] and say 'you left 5 men on base, do you think you lead with your play on the field?' They will come up to Chris [Flexen] and say 'you really sucked, did you feel the big game pressure?' because he gave up 8 runs in 2 innings."

"And I want you feel it. I want you to get used to it, now. So that when, when, not if, we get more notice, these questions will come up. So when, when, not if, you got 0-for-4 with 3 Ks and 7 men left on base in a 4-3 loss in Game 5 of the NLDS, you'll know how to handle yourself."

"This sucks, but we can't lose sight. We are a motley bunch of second year nobodies that nearly struck gold. That's something. That's a lot. See all those fans every home game now? They are there for you. You all brought them to the park. Let's keep growing. Let's keep getting better. Let's keep hanging together. It was, ultimately, a positive season and this ending will be positive , too, in building our character. Have a good winter. See you next spring, boys, " Hildago then met with each player as they packed up for the year.

The Foxes indeed will have something to build on, and indeed, more pressure. Everyone in the organization will have to prepare for the push up into winning baseball and, hopefully, playoff baseball.

The hard part has just begun.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

How do you guys understand everything so smoothly. I've put in a little bit of playing time on '19 but could just never get the hang of everything. So many options and such to learn. Any tips for beginners? I'm huge into franchise simulation and know this is good, I'm just not getting everything or really even knowing where to start with a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »