Home

OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2019, 06:13 PM   #49
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If you need a schedule with 32 teams and interleague play, I can share a file I found from OOTP forums.

There might be one already in the game, but with my 6-5-5 format, it didn't get used.
Thanks! But, I am going 4 divisions of 8 teams each and also found a few workable schedules on OOTP mods. I am all set. Really champing (chomping?) at the bit!
Old 03-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Thanks! But, I am going 4 divisions of 8 teams each and also found a few workable schedules on OOTP mods. I am all set. Really champing (chomping?) at the bit!
Cool. I thought about realignment as well.

But I thought that might be "too much too fast" considering expansion in 2019, relocation in 2020, and then realignment in 2021?
Old 03-30-2019, 01:32 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Bobby Witt, Jr. Arrives

The Foxes sent Witt, Jr. to AAA as expected and let him work there for the first couple months of the season. But with Witt, Jr. ripping up AAA pitching and Valera struggling, the Foxes pulled the trigger on bringing up their top prospect.

In his first game, his first major league hit was a home run. After going 0-for-4, he hit another home run, his first two hits of his career left the ballpark.

He went through a slump after that, dropping his average below .200. He's since come back strong, pulling his average up to .240 and hitting a handful of home runs and doubles along the way. Also showing well is his defensive ability. His rifle arm is coming through and has enough range to make it work at shortstop thus far.

"I'm liking how he looks, " Foxes head scout Matsumura commented, "There's some growing to be done of course, but he's looking like he's getting comfortable."

One concern was his strikeout rate, and, while it's not ideal, at 24% of his plate appearances, it's not so high that it will get in his way.

The Foxes might have some worries about Witt, Jr. getting overmatched at the plate. But, for now, they are letting him have the experience of a full-time player.

Juan Salas Gathers Attention
Now that Juan Salas has entered the professional system, having been promoted from the international complex earlier this season, the Foxes are reportedly getting trade offers for the potential phenom.

"I won't go into details, but I will confirm there's been some interests and some of the offers have been interesting to say the least. I will say that we are not looking to make a move, but if someone wants to try to put together something we can't refuse, well the phone lines are open, " Foxes GM Ander Lyle spoke.

Scouts are noticing a little more pop in the bat and improving balance at the plate.

"He's controlling his weight transfer and hands a lot better. That's letting him adjust to pitches more and should serve to improve his contact rates, " Matsumura commented.

Salas is currently batting .250/.364/.339 at the rookie level.

Last edited by KBLover; 03-30-2019 at 02:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2019, 01:26 AM   #52
Just started!

OVR: 0

Im starting a new game. Could you guys give me an advice? I want to rebuild a team but i dont know wich one:

- Baltimore Oriols
- Miami Marlins
- Texas Rangers
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Detroit Tigers
- San Francisco Giants

Im thinking about the Tigers...
Who would be the most fun?
Old 03-31-2019, 02:46 AM   #53
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I put in a good amount of work after the opening day update was released in getting my expansion save up and running. Really went into the weeds on this one and I'm looking forward to playing it all summer (and hopefully beyond). Thanks are due to low (logos, uniforms, ballcaps), eriqjaffe (ballparks), Outlaw Jim (schedules), and qcbandits (minor league facegens) for making my save more realistic and snazzy looking. Thanks to Lukas Berger with OOTP Developments for incorporating some of my roster edit suggestions about minor league pitcher repertoires. Thanks also to me (lol) for cooking up decent ballpark factors and editing contracts among other things.

Portland (me, "Legacy Mode GM Ray Kinsella") and the Expos are the 2 expansion teams.

The Portland Timberjacks become a member of the new look National League West--division mates with Arizona, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Colorado, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Atlanta. Yes, Cincy and Atlanta are a bit miscast in the West, but this is how it used to be pre-1993 expansion. Fair enough. The Jacks will play their home games at Riverfront Stadium in front of 42,500 fans. The retractable-roof facility plays a bit pitcher-friendly with the dimensions being 330|360|395|405|390|360|315 feet from the left-field foul pole around to the right-field pole. A lefty slugger should have an easier time here than a righty. Portland's eight minor league affiliates: Bellevue Big Blues (AAA), Fayetteville Frogs (AA), Long Beach Titans (A+), Oak Ridge Atoms (A), Nantucket Grey Socks (A-), Cheyenne Rattlers (R), and a pair of self-titled Arizona Rookie League squads.

The Expos return to Montreal after lying dormant for a decade and a half with the impostor Nationals having left the area. The Expos will join the new American League East--division mates with Boston, Detroit, Baltimore, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Toronto, and New York. The Expos are being given every chance to succeed this time around by playing a divisional amount of games against Toronto, Boston, and New York every season. Montreal will open the brand new Labatt Park--a retractable-roof venue that plays very neutral. Labatt Park holds an intimate 36,287 fans and the dimensions are 325|354|380|400|380|356|330 feet from the left-field line around to the right-field line. The Expos will be fed by eight minor league affiliates: Montpelier Morgans (AAA), Abilene Roughnecks (AA), Napa Corkers (A+), Macon Gledes (A), Yonkers Yetis (A-), Butte Mountaineers (R), and a couple of self-titled Gulf Coast Rookie League teams.

Next stop: Expansion Draft.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 03-31-2019 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:28 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Detroit Tigers
I think these two might be the most fun. Tigers don't have a super dominating team to go against in the Central while the Rays aren't necessarily a pure rebuild, so you have options.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:21 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

2021 Season

BNN expected the Foxes to break .500 and produce a winning, competitive season. Well the Foxes did that and one better. Their 89 wins was also good enough to win the second NL Wild Card, largely due to beating the Mets, one of the teams challenging the Foxes in the final two weeks, in all but one head-to-head meeting.

"We lost five in a row and started to get down, but we won a few games and then got up for those divisional match-ups. We were able to get it done and now we are going to the playoffs, " Foxes 1B Ronald Guzman commented.

The Foxes had good health on their side as well, something Foxes GM credits to trainer Sue Falsone.

"She did an amazing job with the guys all year, and they bought in to what she wanted them to do. Obviously, we had good fortune, but I think Sue's program also contributed a lot to our good team health, " Lyle commented.

Good health is always a plus, but the team's defense and bullpen were strong contributors, something analysts picked up on.

"It's not often a team wins because of their relief pitching and strong defense. Relievers are more important than ever, but usually, you still need that strong rotation. This team didn't have it or the high-powered bats. Average offense, good relievers, and defense wins evidently, " one analyst commented.

Leading the way in the bullpen was, perhaps surprisingly, Conner Jones, the team's long reliever who was selected in the Rule 5 draft. He contributed 110 innings of work with a 1.88 ERA. James Karnichak, who hit a grand slam earlier this year, also contributed significantly in the middle innings, giving a 2.64 ERA in 92 appearances.

What offense the 9th ranked attack produced came mostly from Tsutsugo and Guzman. They combined for 72 home runs and 7.7 WAR. Tsutsugo continued his consistent ways, providing another year of solid numbers that matched closely last season's production. Guzman had an inexplicable drop off in doubles and picked up fewer hits, but had the same home run total.

Justin Williams had a solid season, though he's still searching for that bat that let him burst onto the scene as a rookie out of the expansion draft. He's yet been able to recapture that magic. Aside from Guzman, the infield was still a mess offensively, despite Witt, Jr.'s gradual improvement as the season went on and Tejada's 22 home runs at third base.

However the Foxes did it, they will see the playoffs for the first time. They'll start that journey against the rival Nationals in the Wild Card game.

Unfortunately, the Foxes stood little chance in that Wild Card game, getting shut out 3-0. Matt Harvey, who posted a 2.95 ERA after being acquired by the Nationals in a trade with the Twins earlier this season, threw eight innings of three-hit baseball to lead the Nats on to the NLDS.

Checking on the prospects:

SP Jorge Rodriguez made one start before the AAA season ended. The result? A no-hitter, striking out 13 and walking 2.

Juan Salas might be hitting the high minors next season though to this point he's moving mostly on scout opinion instead of production.

SP/OF Ryan Lynch might be ready to start his climb through the system after a horrid first year as a professional. Scouts still think he could be a very underrated threat on the field, and his .323 average and improving metrics on the mound at the rookie level might be a sign he's starting to get a handle of things on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2019, 04:13 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Early Offseason News
Tomoya Mori, C/RF, posted

The Seibu Lions have posted Tomoya Mori, a well-regarded clubhouse presence and a quality player on the field. His last two seasons for the Lions have been nothing short of stellar, posting 6 WAR in 2020 and 8 WAR last season.

At 26-years old, he could very well be poised to do even more as he enters his prime years. Even if he doesn't improve, he scouts as a capable major league hitter and a graceful defender behind the plate.

"If he'll talk with us, we'll go after him, " Lyle commented in a recent interview.

The comment was intriguing since the Foxes seem to hold Reese McGuire, a clubhouse leader and solid catcher, in high regard. The Foxes could try to nurture the outfield side of Mori, given he has experience in right field. That would target Justin Williams, a more likely proposition. Williams might become trade bait to improve either the rotation or the infield in some capacity.

Of course, that depends on the Foxes landing Mori, which does not figure to be easy...if possible at all.

Owners Vote to Reduce Roster Size

In a reportedly contentious vote and with the opposition of the players' union, rosters for the major league level will be reduced by one to 24 men. It will be interesting to see what effects this will have on team strategies.

For the Foxes, it will be a decision between dropping a reliever, potentially weakening what's been the team's strong suit so far, or dropping a bench bat. The bench bat might seem more likely at this point, with Greg Allen or Arquimedes Gamboa being the most likely casualty.

Foxes Fan Frenzy

The Foxes fans, already excited to have baseball back in Montreal, were whipped into a frenzy when the Foxes made the playoffs for the first time. While The Fox Den has yet to host a playoff game, Foxes fan support continues to grow.

"Baseball's second attempt in Montreal has been an unqualified success thus far. Both expansions teams have done well in terms of turnout and financial success and the Foxes are showing success on the field with the Warriors improving as well and in contention most of this season, " a league official commented.

Recent surveys, perhaps bolstered as well by easy-to-like players like Royce Lewis and Reece McGuire, have shown fan loyalty is improving while interest and excitement around the team remains sky high.

The Warriors haven't enjoyed the boost in fan loyalty just yet, but their interest surveys are every bit as strong.

The Generals, however, have been an interesting case. The early excitement seems to have waned and fans are much more skeptical about the team than they were earlier. The league wouldn't commented on what's going on nor would team owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

Reese McGuire Locked Up

Any thoughts of replacing McGuire with potential Japanese star Tomoya Mori have pretty much disappeared when the team announced an extension for Reese McGuire.

The team signed the 26-year-old catcher to an 8-year contract worth $61 million. Each of the final two years is a team option. That allows the Foxes to end the contract as soon as 2027 should the organization desire.

McGuire, for his part, was very happy that the deal is done.

"I've fallen in love with this city, and I greatly enjoy playing for this organization. I am beyond happy that we got this done and out of the way for years. Now, I can just focus on my role in the clubhouse and in working with our pitchers. It's a weight off my mind, " McGuire commented at the press conference.

McGuire batted .266 with a .723 OPS and a 104 wRC+ last season.

Last edited by KBLover; 04-01-2019 at 05:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »