Home

OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2019, 04:15 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread

Importing franchises and continuing them? Starting fresh? Both?

Let's get this going for OOTP 20!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: OOTP 20 Franchise Progress Thread

I started up a fresh one in the beta last night mostly just to test things out. I will probably start over again with the final version on Friday after I've had Ronald Acuna jr. Average about 1.5 strikeouts through the first 60 games lol.

My first tasks last night (and will be the same when I start over). With Atlanta, trade for a top of rotation arm and sign Craig kimbrel. I traded Mike Foltynewicz and Darren O'Day for Madison Bumgarner. Still not sure if that was fair or not (for the Giants). Giants got a little younger at sp and picked up a solid bullpen arm. They gave up a really good starter and took on a little extra money though.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I've got a lot of real life things going on this week, so I can't even download the game until Saturday, but I intend to do a fictional 1950's league as well as a current day Rangers play through. I'm going to play through July, and I anticipate being in last unless a miracle happens. I'm going to see what I can get for Gallo, Choo, and some of the lottery tickets that we have on the pitching staff.

Last edited by Perfect Zero; 03-19-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Of course, I'll be keep the Angels save going, already imported.

Starting a new save as an expansion GM. Ander Lyle the GM of a attempt at reviving baseball in Montreal and the second team is in Raleigh.

Montreal's team is the Montreal Foxes (my team). Raleigh's is called the Raleigh Warriors (or Warlords or Generals if either of those sounds better, but Warriors for now). The Foxes will be in the NL East while the Warriors go to the AL East.

Trying to decide on the park factors and dimensions before starting with the expansion draft and playing some (probably terrible) ball.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Importing one, and starting a brand new one. Couldn't resist. Not sure what i am going to do for the new one, but i think i want it to be a big world.

For more realism should i use high school, college feeder leagues? Ive never tried it. How difficult is it to set up?

As for your expansion teams, I like the names. I like Raleigh Warriors or Generals (although naming them after confederate generals might be iffy today... that would be an interesting OOTP storyline lol)

It will be good to have a team back in Montreal. Does the game or you create logos for new teams or how does that work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #6
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Of course, I'll be keep the Angels save going, already imported.

Starting a new save as an expansion GM. Ander Lyle the GM of a attempt at reviving baseball in Montreal and the second team is in Raleigh.

Montreal's team is the Montreal Foxes (my team). Raleigh's is called the Raleigh Warriors (or Warlords or Generals if either of those sounds better, but Warriors for now). The Foxes will be in the NL East while the Warriors go to the AL East.

Trying to decide on the park factors and dimensions before starting with the expansion draft and playing some (probably terrible) ball.
What about Carolina Pilots?
Old 03-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
For more realism should i use high school, college feeder leagues? Ive never tried it. How difficult is it to set up?

I have heard there's some quirks about feeder leagues and OOTP. I've done it once, thought it was pretty interesting. I can't remember how I did it and set it up - but it wasn't too difficult for me because I just made leagues and took what the game gave me (I didn't try to recreate NCAA/HS irl teams or players)

Quote:
As for your expansion teams, I like the names. I like Raleigh Warriors or Generals (although naming them after confederate generals might be iffy today... that would be an interesting OOTP storyline lol)
Good point about the name Generals. It would be controversial and a team would likely avoid it and if they didn't, advertisers probably would be reluctant and $$$ talks in sports.

Warriors it is.

Quote:
It will be good to have a team back in Montreal. Does the game or you create logos for new teams or how does that work?

It does create logos, even picking up on irl names. At first, I had "Montreal Dragons", but the game saw "Dragons" and gave me the logo and colors it's using for the NPB team (Chunichi Dragons).

If you don't use a major IRL team name (not sure how many names it recognizes), it will generate a logo, city and nickname, and team colors for the new teams.

You can then import other logos and put them in the game, change colors, etc.

Logo and Team Colors Editor

Also want to experiment with the ballpark editor but it's not working like I thought.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
What about Carolina Pilots?

That sounds good too. Hmm...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »