Home

Making the Leap From MLB The Show to Out of the Park Baseball

This is a discussion on Making the Leap From MLB The Show to Out of the Park Baseball within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Making the Leap From MLB The Show to Out of the Park Baseball

If you’re a true die-hard baseball fan, one video game simulation just isn't enough. As someone...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2019, 09:38 AM   #2
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Great article Kevin!

I made the leap to OOTP and have never looked back. Give this game a chance and you'll be hooked too. Love the ability to manage a baseball team and the strategy on the field. The depth of this game is incredible...
Old 04-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0
if*OOTP have just a 1/4 of the gameplay of the show* ill awesome cause have the best sport franchise mode
Old 04-29-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
Rookie

I have owned nearly every version since the first OOTP release. They have made a ton of strides through the years, and that's putting it lightly. The depth that you can experience when playing this is crazy. I love creating a new fictional league in the early 1900's and letting it simulate until the 90's. Then I take over and be a GM of whatever the worst team in history is. Over the past few years they've been working on giving some graphical look to the on the field game play which just makes this feel even better. In the past you'd see the text "Back, back, back..." on a long hit. Now you see the ball in flight. Like Peter_OS said, the depth and strategy of the game makes this engrossing. If you're a fan of baseball I strongly suggest it. You can find free versions online of their older games. You'll miss out on the in game graphics but you'll still get a taste of the management aspect. It's unlike any other game on the market. I know once upon a time they were developing a football game, however the lead had health issues and haven't seen anything further on that. Sorry for the long post.*
Old 04-29-2019, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OOTP and The Show need to have a baby. When I play The Show I’m miss the in depth team management of OOTP. * When I play OOTP I miss controlling the on-field action. *Both great games.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2019, 10:09 PM   #6
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3
Appreciate where you’re going here but comparing these two title *aren’t apples to apples. *The “if you’re willing to sacrifice this for that etc” argument is crazy. *Yes, franchise mode is crazy awesome in OOTP but OOTP’s gameplay rivals PONG...

neither title perfect, both amazingly in their own ways but really not playing on the same playing fields IMO... completely different experiences.

-GW-
Old 04-29-2019, 10:10 PM   #7
Rookie

ijac very well said.*
Old 04-30-2019, 02:10 AM   #8
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Well, if you don't mind the Japanese language barrier, Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2019 will be available in July. *

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »