Home

NHL 06 Beta Screenshots (7-31-05)

This is a discussion on NHL 06 Beta Screenshots (7-31-05) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 06 Beta Screenshots (7-31-05)

We have just posted some more screenshots from our beta copy of NHL 06.
"With NHL® 06 players can score like a superstar, express themselves through their shooting style with the new EA SPORTS Skill Stick and light the lamp with highlight reel moves such as spinoramas, toe drags, bat-ins, and between-the-legs shots. Classic deke control adds to the arsenal of moves allowing maneuvers around defensemen before snapping off dangerous shots that can ripple the twine and knock the water bottle off the net."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NHL 06 Beta Screenshots (7-31-05)

Though I wasn't a fan of NHL in the past, I'm seeing an honest rise to make hockey such a better looking game. Ironically, this game has some sweet stuff in it that seriously has me considering saving up for. Only time will tell how well this turns out. Also, will be definitely looking for the ratings on this site....
Old 07-31-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Excellent shots Steve. You do a really good job of capturing the elements I'm most interested in. Not just in this game, but with all the beta's you receive. That said, I'm even more excited for this game and can't wait for it to ship. This looks vastly improved over EA's poor, poor effort (if I can call it that ) last year.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted some more screenshots from our beta copy of NHL 06.
Steve - how is the game play?? Would love to hear your thoughts on whether this is the HUGE improvement in the EA series it appears to be from all the videos and interviews. I've mainly been a big fan of the 2K series, but think this is the year EA may win me back over.

BTW, is it well known at this point that EA is skipping this year for a XBOX 360 version of NHL 2006? Seems that way, but it is a bit surprising given that NBA 2006 will be on XBOX 360...

Great screen shots so far for NHL 2006. If you could post several from gameplay footage that would be GREAT!

Thamks!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »