Home

Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

This is a discussion on Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most?
Xbox 360 1,075 56.02%
Playstation 3 592 30.85%
Revolution 99 5.16%
All of them 118 6.15%
None of them 35 1.82%
Voters: 1919. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

360 at some point, prolly next Spring when the baseball games come out.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

360, already preordered it (the version with the HD) and 4 games (Project Gotham Racing 3, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Duty 2, and Elder Scrolls Oblivian).

I used to get multiple systems, but this generation I have to limit myself to only 1, and Xbox gets the nod for me. Maybe I'll snag a PS3 down the road a bit, after price drops and whatnot (and depending on the games of course!) I'm looking forward to the baseball games also.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #11
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3

The 360. For 3 reasons really:

1 - It will be out first

2 - I will probably only be able to afford just ONE console...

3 - NHL 2K6 will be one of the launch games... 'nuff said!
The days have gone down in the West... behind the Hills... into Shadow.

How did it come to this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2005, 03:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

if the xbox drops its price when the ps3 comes out I will probably go for the 360
Old 09-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm getting the 360, mainly because I'm impressed with the launch titles, only problem is I'll only pick up two games at launch because that's all I'll be able to afford, so I'm getting Oblivion for sure then it's between Madden NFL 06, Call of Duty 2, and NHL 2k6....I think I might wait 'till Madden '07 before I get a football game on 360 though, by then some of the bugs should be worked out.....that's unless Madden '06 for 360 blows me away.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

i've always gotten more than 1 console each generation, b/c each usually offers something more-or-less unique. this generation, however, may be the one in which i just cannot do it. even tho i think the ps3 will be a superior system, i simply refuse to pay more than $400 for it. and judging from rumors and what that Kutaragi guy said (the company wants "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."), i'm thinking this mutha's gonna be well over $500. i can't fathom valuing a gaming console high enough to spend $500+ on it. and really, i resent that comment. i game to relieve the stress of my job and "real world" responsibilities. i simply won't allow buying a console to be in the realm of "i need to work more hours to get it." that's reserved for affording a house, car, or health bills. this coming from me, a total sony WH0RE, really shows how discontent i am with how they're presenting this ps3 to me.

IF the ps3 were to come out at $400, i'd probably get it. over 500 is a no-go. i'ma get the $400 xbox 360 at release, and even that is pushing my boundries. but sony's making the decision to buy the 360 easier by coming on so strong with the potential price of the ps3.

i wanna love sony, but it's pushing me away. i may dump sony for being an evil, filthy wh0re, and turn my extra-marital affair with bill gates into a full-blown relationship. damn shame, cuz sony is the type you wanna bring home to mama.
• Dr. J Vs. Bird
• Lakers Vs. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs
• Jordan Vs. Bird
• NBA Jam
• SNES NCAA Basketball
• Tecmo NBA Basketball
• NBA Live 95
• NBA 2k2 to infinity
Old 09-06-2005, 07:08 PM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I voted "all of them" because there wasn't a "everything except the Revolution" option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #16
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Xbox 360.

Only next-gen system I am getting. Xbox Live is the main reason I sold my PS2, the online factor is amazing. So it's no question that I'll get the 360 and not the PS3.
But we all live in denial

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »