Home

Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

This is a discussion on Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most?
Xbox 360 1,075 56.02%
Playstation 3 592 30.85%
Revolution 99 5.16%
All of them 118 6.15%
None of them 35 1.82%
Voters: 1919. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2005, 04:46 PM   #25
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
Did you know the XBOX 360 was designed in Japan? Did you know that earlier this year Sony hired a non-Japanese CEO? The companies are becoming more like each other which is bad for Sony.

Sony has lost its grip on digital music to Apple. Now they'll lose their gaming dominance to Microsoft...the writing is on the wall.
lets wait and see for ourselfs before you make noise like this.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2005, 08:55 PM   #26
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Which Next-Gen console are you looking forward to the most? (New Poll 9-6-06)

360 for me. The deciding factors for me are the price and Xbox Live. The only thing that may make me eventually trade in my 360 for the PS3 would be the MLB series. I only play football games, baseball games, basketball games, and splinter cell. I have Halo also, but I am really not into first person shooters.

Football, basketball, and Splinter cell will all be the same game on both systems. If 2k sports can revive World Series Baseball (Hopefully add some High Heat flavor to it), then I won't need MLB. But until 2k shows that they can make a better game than MLB, I will just have to wait and see.

One other advantage to the 360 is that it will also be a Media Center extender. Now I will be able to play all of my music and videos on my computer in my living room. I am sure that Blu-ray will be impressive, but I think DVD's will look just fine with my 360 and 42" plasma or LCD (Haven't decided on one yet).
Old 09-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-18-2005, 09:38 AM   #28
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKCREW1
i think that everybody is saying xbox 360 because it come's out earlier but when the ps3 come's out is gonna blow any console away!
Nope you're wrong. I'm saying the 360 because I think that the games are better and I think that it is a better designed system.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-26-2005, 02:09 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Xbox 360 is the system to go for sports fans hands down because of the HD.

I refuse to buy memory cards again. Can you imagine the file space next-gen sports games will take up on memory cards?

Also Xbox 360 seems to have changed the controller perfectly for sports games, no more annoying red and black pellets. And the triggers which are great for sports games (especially racers) are still there.

I know PS3 will have a HDD but when and how much extra? The last one supports few games and the one scheduled for PS3 is rumored not to be used for save files but a tivo like device.

The PS3 controller right now looks uncomfortable and I dont like the analog controller layout at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »