Home

Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
This is the first review I highly disagree with. The game is buggy, but it plays a damn good game of baseball with some slider tweaks. 1/10 is pretty harsh.
Yeah, I agree. There are a few noticeable "mess-ups", but the game plays well, and I can't complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #26
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I don't have any freezing issues with it so I can't say I agree with the review but what I did have freezing issues with,as did many others,was MLB 2006 on the PS2 last year and people weren't so harsh on that so why all the hate for this?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #27
Rookie

Quick synopsis:

1. Most of the big game sites didn't write about the crashing because they didn't encounter it. They play final 'golds' on debug units. Folks, this is reason #1 why you don't review a gold. It's not the same as a retail. Other things this happened to were the Midway games on the Dreamcast like Ready to Rumble and Hydro Thunder (those of you old enough to remember 1999 may recall Midway recalled those games and reissued them with a HOT! NEW! sticker. There was a production -- not a game-- defect).

2. Slider tweaks. Bwhahaha. I love that response. Seriously.

3. This makes the first world series baseball on the Dreamcast look awesome. I remember calling Sega PR to make sure I didn't have a bad copy of the game. They called me back, no fielding is automatic to make it easier. bwahahaha.

4. I guess it could be worse. You could have given Fight Night Round 3 a 10/10.

5. I believe Craig gave a game a 0 back in the day, but the worst review I could find was Jeff Downey's review for Swamp Buggy Racing right here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200004130...e=swampbuggypc

Oops, Quarterback Club for the Dreamcast sucked too:
http://web.archive.org/web/200006010...p?game=qbc00dc

We had hired Scott Bedard to do a site redesign and he also did a review for us. He then decided to start a little known site called Game Rankings. Scott, thanks so much for thinking of me after you became a billionaire. Anyway, he did a review for Extreme Watersports and gave it a 5/100:

http://web.archive.org/web/200005301...extremewaterpc
Former Operation Sports Co-Owner, Circa 1998. :)
Damn that was a long time ago.

Last edited by Dan Clarke; 04-18-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #28
Rookie

PPS:

Steve hated that World Series Baseball game but still gave it a grade in the 50s. Damn Steve, you are a Sega Fanboy! LOL

http://web.archive.org/web/200010071...p?game=ws2k1dc
Former Operation Sports Co-Owner, Circa 1998. :)
Damn that was a long time ago.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #29
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
If you think that this crap is awesome, then if you play MLB 06 you will think you are in heaven. I have NEVER played any of Sony's games before, but MLB 06 IS "a damn good game of baseball". 2K6 is "a damn embarrasment for baseball".
I agree... I think people who say this is a good game of baseball dont know what a good game of baseball is, and/or never played any other baseball game before this.

This is 2006, this is the "next-gen" of gaming, MLB06 The Show should have been half the game this is, instead it is the other way around.

It is a joke to baseball fans and baseball. Especilly the innacuracies of the darn uniforms for crying out loud. $60, "exclusive license"... give me a break.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 04-18-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:25 PM   #30
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Just read the whole review and man am I hurt that 2K didn't step up. Of course, I am a casual baseball fan seriously. I honestly can't help but put this game into the shoes of a basketball game. if half of those things were in NBA 2K6, I'd be raising hell. Freezing, slppy A.I., and other things that killed the flow, I'd probably be an NBA Live fanboy. I'm kind of embarassed to be a 2K fanboy. At least they did good in the basketball. What a killer. If they release the bug, might the review be redone or something? Just so I can understand the full potential. Man am i disappointed..but it was warranted. Hopefully both greedy companies step up and do what they need to.......
Old 04-18-2006, 10:05 PM   #31
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I couldn't be more happy with Operation Sports for saying what needed to be said. I was even banned from 2k's forums for calling the mods out for deleting a thread with the link to this review in it. 2k has lost me as a gamer. Next year I'll have more of a choice because I know PS3 will have the show. Maybe even Microsoft will have its own MLB title next year. If not, I won't get a MLB game next year if all I can choose from is this mess. I didn't pay $60 to be a beta tester.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for saying so, and saying it well.

This series (which used to be great) has become an embarassment under Kush. I can't believe how many are willing to apologize for what is essentially shovel ware. Freezing or no freezing, it stinks.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »