Home

NBA 2K7 Interview Questions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K7 Interview Questions within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K7 Interview Questions

Do you have any questions for the Producers of NBA 2K7? If so, post them here and I'll forward them off to the right people.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #2
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K7 Interview Questions

Fantastic!

Everyone knows already what I'm gonna ask so I'd love it if we got some news: Free Agency

I'd love to know if the Free agent mechanics have been fixed; I've always felt that the FA mechanics of this game has been its weakest point. Namely, I want to know the following things:

- Got rid of the "one week" resigning period - thus the onus on the GM to resign the player in their last year or earlier
- Unrestricted and Restricted Free Agent status. It doesn't have to be exactly like real-life, simplified is fine, but it should be in there
- 15 days to match offers for RFA
- Player Attitudes; wanting to leave a bad/losing situation, play closer to home, play with college buddies in deciding which team to goto
- Free Agent competition! Just like NFL2k5, the top free agents should get offers from 3-5 clubs, and those top offers should appear in the player screen like NFL2k5
- Players take a few days to decide on offers
- Above items (leaving losing team, play close to home, etc) should factor into choosing a club
- no official deals until July 1st, but offer sheets exist

I would love to know if any of this makes it into 2k7. Proper free agent mechanics have been totally ignored for years and I would love to have it fixed; last year we got real-world numbers; lets take it even further!

Other stuff I want to ask about:
- improved 'players staying put.' IE, Miami is NEVER going to trade Dwade, Cleveland is NEVER going to trade Lebron, yet if you matched salaries, they often did it... is this fixed?
- I want to know about Dunks and how you've improved them this year

Last edited by imdahman; 08-10-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Has the franchise mode been beefed up in regards to free agency and having some competition in signing players as opposed to be able to sign any player you want on the first day without any competition?

I also had a problem with the training during the season because cpu controlled teams did not use this on there teams and therefore there teams did not improve with ratings so using it for user controlled teams made for an unfair advantage for the user in franchise mode?

Will player roles be integrated at all so for example you can't have KG playing the 6th man role on your team and him being fine with it?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

1. What new features or improved aspects have been added to "The Association" mode?

2. When do you plan on releasing more info, screens and clips?

3. Have there been any significant changes to the controls (specifically regarding the Shot Stick/IsoMotion)?

4. Is 24/7 mode going to have an optional fully first-person camera?

5. Have you done anything to create a more realistic off-season atmosphere (Draft Day, Free Agency, Press Conferences)?

Last edited by Vlorien; 08-10-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

1. Can you change the ages of the NBA players. Also, once a player hits 30 years of age, do their ratings (especially speed) sink like a rock? In 2k6 Kobe had 60 speed at the age of 34.

2. Has the penetrate and dish game been tweaked? Last year the defense barely collapsed on drivers, and thusly resulted in very few open shots for the other guys on the perimeter.

3. Does the CPU utilize finesse big men like Dirk and Rasheed better? Last year, Dirk would hardly shoot the ball against me. And he never floated out to the 3 point line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Here's a biggie for me:

Will we be able to play non-user controlled teams' games in Franchise mode this season? I don't mind playing an entire season with my Pistons, but every now and then, I get an itch to play as Dwyane Wade with the Heat or play a game with Kobe and the Lakers and see if I can go for 81.

You can do it in College Hoops...why not NBA 2K? I've never understood this.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

1.Will NBA 2K7 be a launch title for the PS3, so it can compete with NBA Live 07, if so can we expect any extra features or differences compared to the XBOX 360 version?

2.What has been done to improve the perimeter defense?

3.Has the halftime and end of game highlights been improved upon?

4.Will you have a classic teams feature like in NFL 2K5, where you can play with some the best championship teams in NBA history, like 91Bulls or 85Lakers etc?

5.How have the fastbreaks improved this year compared to last year.
6.How has the dunk and alleyoops improved this year?

7. Are there more authenic teams offense defense playbooks this year,
and will the CPU defensive AI actually switch the defense to zone or other schemes depending on the situation of the game?

Last edited by STLRams; 08-11-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

1. How many players shooting forms have been added as of right now? (from the recent video clip I hope that isn't your guys version of KG's shot

2. How many "NEW" dunks have been added?

3. How many "NEW" lay-ups have been added?

4. How many "NEW" post animations have been added?

5. Will all features and gameplay options be available on current-gen platforms?

6. Have you added any new post made basket celebrations? The ones that you are still using from 2k1 are getting a bit old.

7. What new tendecies and sliders have been added?

Thanks again for all the hard work!!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »