Home

Five Things That Drive Gamers Crazy: Part II

This is a discussion on Five Things That Drive Gamers Crazy: Part II within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Five Things That Drive Gamers Crazy: Part II

Dave Branda has checked in with Part II of our Five Things That Drive Gamers Crazy feature.
"Last week Operation Sports detailed five mistakes sports game developers constantly make that drive gamers batty.

Continuing with that theme, here are five more things the developers get wrong time and time again. Hopefully a few of them will make note and … you know … try to please their customers."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
Rookie

ndnyy317's Arena

OVR: 4
I strongly agree with all of your points bro. I never understood why sports games leave you hanging after you achieve the only real goal there is...to win a championship. I mean, that's the whole point of playing the game! And the manual situation, is a complete joke.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Manuals are still around? Oh, you mean 4 pages is now considered a manual? Seriously, why celebrate, you only won the championship. In sports games there's more celebrations for small things like 1st downs than for championships. I think the replay save will be back. One thing that irks me is where are the replays from other games? I loved how Madden used to have cut scenes of other games. If Genesis could do it why can't any other system do it?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:17 AM   #4
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
100% on the buttons! It's unforgivable to not detail every move available to you in a manual, or at least in something on the disk. Hell, I'm still finding out little things about FIFA that aren't in the manual. And of course gamers aren't willing to give up secret info that might help them beat you.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #5
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15
I agree on your points. Especially the lack of Championship Winning Cutscenes. With some exceptions though. NHL 2k7 had a great one, after winning the cup I felt proud and satisfied with my accomplishments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 62
Great article.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #7
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
HFA is still in the game (last gen). The concept was alright... but the implementation (non-sound) wasn't all that great.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Five Things That Drive Gamers Crazy: Part II

I completely agree about the instruction manuals. Most of them are so thin now-a-days I can use them to pick food out of my teeth.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »