Home

EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

This is a discussion on EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

Operation Sports' Erik Westfall has posted an article discussing what some of the impacts of EA's hostile takeover attempt of Take Two is having on the 2k Sports line.

Quote:
"So the hostile takeover of Take-Two has begun. G4TV amongst other gaming news sources is reporting EA has made a blanket offer of $26 to all shareholders with a deadline of April 11, one day after Take-Two’s next shareholders' meeting. But shareholders aside, what does this mean for us, the sports gamers?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
"Obviously this wasn’t entirely related to the attempted takeover of the company, but EA’s impact is already manifesting itself and has to be in some way responsible for the cancellation."

Well, there has been no official word on the cancellation of the All-Pro Football 2K series...
Old 03-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Well:

"As for last year's franchise debut of All-Pro Football, it apparently didn't make the cut. When asked about the absence of a football game on the company's release schedule, Take-Two execs said it had been taken off the slate, but they were continuing to weigh their options."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6187563...stnews;title;3

That's about as close as you'll get in business speak to saying canned I would think.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
I say "yes" there is no reason to keep any one sport title around that is already in the EA stable. They may steal the engine for 2 or 3 games, but it will not be marketed in any way at all towards a remembrance of 2k. I just can't see a positive upside for EA keeping NBA 2k9 or NHL 2k9, they really can only steal ideas and features, but it will still be coded by EA employee's and branded by EA....
Old 03-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Re: EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Operation Sports' Erik Westfall has posted an article discussing what some of the impacts of EA's hostile takeover attempt of Take Two is having on the 2k Sports line.
The link to the article isn't working for me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
@ Slizeezyc

Well, you might have that interpretation. But, in my estimation, when they say they are "continuing to weigh their options", that certainly doesn't sound like a cancellation to me.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

We might as well get it out of the way:
"This is a good business move"

I hate EA and I hope it falls apart soon.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: EA's Hostile Takeover Attempt and Its Impacts

For us it means less choice in playing our favorite sports. It means soon we will be zombies to this company, thank goodness for Nintendo first party games. Pro Evolution 2008 Wii-this is what every developer should look at for making a fun and in-depth game. Peace.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »