Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Expanded Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Expanded Edition within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: Expanded Edition

This week on OS Fact or Fiction we get an extended board of staff members to answer a variety questions on both NCAA Football 09 and Backbreaker from create-a-team to both games' projected quality.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
As far as question #1 goes...It is fiction. It will most likely be a good game, but all the new features introduced will only make it good. If the menus, plus formation subs, Slide protection, etc aren't in the game, it will be good at best. Cutini said he thought this would be the game we've been wanting to see on Next Gen. There is no way unless everything is in the game.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
I agree... Who cares about create a team? I use that feature about as much as I use the mascot games feature.... which is never.

I think the game will be better than last years, but I still don't think it's going to be the NCAA game we have been waiting on.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
Rookie

vaughn99's Arena

OVR: 18
Everyone's way off the mark here -- CREATE-A-TEAM was paramount in the black box version(s) and was unfukwitable! If you're an alum from a smaller school or live in an odd geo-location, and hate having to play with any of the bottom teams of the 117 (or just hate the uniforms, etc.) in order to really test your metal and have the opportunity to build a program from the ground up it was and always will be the way to go. I'll never forget my dynasties with Cleveland State reaching the National Championship in year 11 or Dakotas University in year 14!!! From stadium design and location, Program type and uniform creation, recruiting and pipeline building, being invited into an elite conference . . . it was all personalized to me and my created school! No other gaming experience has come close. This feature not being ported to Next Gen has disappointed me year after year, but it's obvious as to the reason why it WON'T be included this year: ONLINE DYNASTIES. And because of that alone, I can give EA a free pass in '09. As long as it's in the game in 2010.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9
All I care about is fluid, seemless animation transitions during user swirches on catches, tackles, jukes, and defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »