Home

MLB 2K8 vs. MLB '08: The Show Graphical Comparison

This is a discussion on MLB 2K8 vs. MLB '08: The Show Graphical Comparison within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #25
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Yeah I think The Show will still win by far, but those are bad pics of 2K8... it did look a little better than that on my HDTV. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #26
Pro

huggerorange73's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 2K8 vs. MLB '08: The Show Graphical Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike
Give me a break Op Sports. At least be professional when posting an article like this. The screens are no where near 'fair and balanced'. I'm not going to say that 2k8 looks better, because I've never played the Show, but on my Sony Bravia 52', the game looks ALOT better than the crap posted above. It's not the games fault that the players look like cartoons, the moron who took the shots needs to run a calibration on his TV, starting with the contrast, hue, and then the white level. Second, he needs to ditch the crappy camera.
FYI, the "moron" in question owns a Samsung HL - S6187W, the dynamic setting was used to give the shots a little more "pop".

The crappy camera in question was a Sony DSC-H9.

I am not, nor did I ever claim to be a pro photographer.....I have no bias either way, I own both a PS3 & an XBOX.

Perhaps a bit more thought should go into what you post...what do you think?
Old 04-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #27
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Why weren't they taken on the same tv with the same camera?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 04-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #28
MVP

OK, all you 2K fans accusing OS of using a lower quality TV and camera for 2K8 because it looks so much worse. Gamespot did a very similar comparison (http://www.gamespot.com/features/618...atures;title;1) and got the SAME results. The Show just blows 2K8 away in every way IMO especially graphically. Now I will be anti-2k because I like The Show better and personally think 2K8 is one of the WORST baseball games I've ever played. However NBA 2K8 and CH 2K8 are great basketball games so save the flaming.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13
Some games just look alot better in motion.....2K8 is one of the games. It's not as good looking as the Show - but in motion is very good looking in it's own right.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5
say what you want, but your screenies give it away--your tv picture is totally screwed up. If you didnt do it intentionally then you're wasting your hdtv's capability. As for giving thought to my post, perhaps you missed the bit about the green sky in the Lowell pic being a giveaway that you have you screen color messed up. My thinking is right on target.

Sorry I called you a moron. Perhaps this site should have considered a more professional means of making this comparison. On the other hand, I have a hard time believing you would have your tv looking that poor all the time, so maybe you something worse than a moron.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5
bs bs bs, if this is a Legit comparison, explain the green sky, and the saturated skin colors. Thats a TV problem, not a game problem.

The guy who posted his own shots proved the difference pretty well I'd say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #32
MVP

OS is so anti 2k its not funny. So pike you should run away while you still can.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »