Home

Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games

This is a discussion on Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games

Richard Chavez checks in this week with an article talking about the most impressive individual achievements in sports video games. Have any others you'd like to add onto the list or have you accomplished any of them? Be sure to let us know!
Quote:
"When you play sports games, the goal for your team is to win the championship in whatever you are playing. However, you also want the individuals on your team to make a name for themselves as well. The four achievements I am about to talk on today all signify important individual achievements."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15
I definitely know what losing that perfect game is like. I hung a changeup with one out left to give up a homerun. At least I got the one hitter.

Great article.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
Pro

Dylema's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm excited when ever I can get a double double in choops let alone a triple double.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games

Yea, I remember trying hard to get triple-doubles with guys like Anthony Mason in early Live days. The one time I did it was against my brother and it made the victory that much sweeter.

No-hitters are also great achievements. I've only done it in one game: Tony La Russa Baseball '95 for Genesis. I ended up throwing I think four no-hitters in the four+ years I played the heck out of that title.

I even kept a little piece of paper inside the case keeping track of my no-hitters, one-hitters, and 3-HR Games. I'm pretty sure if I open up that case right now that piece of paper would fall out.

One time I struck out 21 hitters with Melido Perez of the NY Yankees in World Series Baseball for Genesis. I can't remember the year but it was the first WSB. That was an awesome finish.

I've considered going after real milestones but never really tried. I'm talking like 100 points in a game with a basketball player. Might have to give it a shot sometime. But I'd only try to do it realistically. Any other way and I'd just get bored by the 2nd quarter.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
i think the most realistic feeling is the perfect game. after a while the pressure builds up and you start your in head count down. around the 7th and 8th you start focusing more. the pressure is now great, especially if you are up a lot of runs, because now you are pitching solely for the no-no.

for me at least, i always give it up to the guy i should strike out, not the 3-4-5 hitters. i always seem to relax just a touch with them and then... one hitter.

i have had 18 K games, a bunch of one hitters, and even games i retired the last 25 to 27 in a row, but the no hitter/perfect game eludes me every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games

I pitched a perfect game in MVP 05 with Runelvys Hernandez of all people. I only had six strikeouts, and everything else just went right to me.

Also recently in MLB 2k8 I had the CPU had a perfect game against me with Johan Santana.

Last edited by JBucc; 05-14-2008 at 06:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »