Home

Buried Sports Gaming Treasure on the 360

This is a discussion on Buried Sports Gaming Treasure on the 360 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Buried Sports Gaming Treasure on the 360

Caley Roark has penned an article that talks about some fo the best backwards compatible games on the XBox 360. Check out his article here.

Quote:
"Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. has spent a lifetime (or at least four films) tracking down and uncovering rare antiquities: those items that, despite their value, have become buried by the sands of time (and the occasional desert). We can apply the teachings of Dr. Jones ("You call this archeology?!") to the current sports game landscape to dig up valued artifacts that have become lost on current consoles."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Buried Sports Gaming Treasure on the 360

I like how he threw Yourself!Fitness on there. When it came out on the xbox, the concept got laughed at, an exercising game? When nintendo throws one out in a $90 bundle, it's flying off shelves.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Thanks, BK. I remember the salesman at Gamestop actually laughed at me when I picked it up (I think I said it was for my wife). I doubt they are laughing at people buying WiiFit. I know the difference is the balance board, but I liked the YF incorporated equipment you already had: handweights, steps, etc. It was pretty innovative and obviously ahead of its time. I think its problem is that it seemed marketed toward women (not a large gaming market), even though it's program can be tailored for men.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9
I can vouch for Hitz 20-03, me and my friends have so much fun playing that, I need to pick up that NHL Hitz Pro that came out afterwards. The only probably with 20-03 is that there is a saving bug where you can't save the franchise and that really sucks.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
Staff Writer

BSherrod, I forget what I did to get the franchise to save, but it is possible. My buddy and I have had one going for about a year. Try deleting your save files. It's definitely doable, I just forget how. I'll get back to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:
ASB was a gem! If only people had kept up with the rosters! My favorite feature ever was generated counts.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Can you play NFL 2K5 on the XBOX 360? If so how do you get the rosters people have out for the 08 season on there?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
Staff Writer

Brianz, check the NFL2k5 forum....I think there's lots of discussion on there on exactly how to transfer the new rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »