Home

Madden NFL 08 vs. NFL 2K5 Part Three

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 08 vs. NFL 2K5 Part Three within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2008, 12:25 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Yeah ESPN sucks! Their 2004 graphics aren't as good as the graphics of a game 3 years older.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:05 AM   #18
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 08 vs. NFL 2K5 Part Three

I've said it before and I'll say it again, NFL 2k4 and NFL 2k5 were groundbreaking titles and I still find it amazing to see that even with four more years and new hardware, EA is STILL playing catch up to those titles.

Really it does make me sad as a gamer, heavily invested in sports gaming, that competition in NFL properties was eliminated. Imagine NFL 2K9 for a minute with an unbroken line of development, similar to the NBA 2K series. That'd be a revolutionary gaming experience

Have fun......................

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 06-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #19
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12
ya'll 2k boys so sad. i'll pray for ya'll!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA will never catch up with 2k, they knew it that's why they paid all that money for the right to the NFL. Some great guys have updated the NFL2K5 ROSTERS and we are playing the 2008 season right now including the 2008 schedule. Maddwen will never catch up with 2K
Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

I think 2k5 has a better overall look honestly (on the field, im not counting stadiums and all) .. of course Madden looks better when you get technical like poly counts and jersey detail and all... BUT, 2k5 seems to have that perfect art direction that makes it look like a real game, its like its washed out, but not washed out to the point where its dead, but washed out to the point where it looks very real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10
2K5 wins 3 -1. and this is coming from a guy who has wanted EA/Madden to succeed in giving us a great next gen football game, believe me.

3-1...
does that reflect just how awesome 2K5 really was OR does it reflect how embarassed EA should be, that after 4 years on next gen systems, they still trail 2K5 when measured head to head?

yikes.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
2k5 is the best football game within the 4 yr period. In my opinion it was the closest to being a next gen game in 2004. the presentation by far is still da best. Also any time u can destroy an opponent on a hard difficulty by doing the same play constantly is not a real football game . People talk about da hit stick like it is amazing. Its just a hit or miss.In 2k5 though once u try for a tackle u hav to tap da x button to either bring da run bk down or u will get brought down. why people luv madden so much even after des pitiful games dey made, da world will never kno
Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #24
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

THe presentation round will be the most lopsided loss in the history of 2 game comparisons

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »