Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 vs. Madden NFL 08 Part Four

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 vs. Madden NFL 08 Part Four within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:14 AM   #9
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
I still remember the day I read that EA was getting the exclusive NFL rights. I know many will say to get over it, but it's still a pain that lasts today. Seriously, take a minute, think of NFL 2K5, now think what NFL 2K9 would be like if they had 4 years to keep improving. Madden would either be awesome (forced due to competition), or the game that "used to be" the football game of choice.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
I agree. I haven't baught Madden since like early 2001 or some ****. I switched to 2k sports around 2002 and never looked back cuz I saw the improvements and knew that it would be a better football game in such a short period of time than Madden. There's no loyalty in my opinion when it comes to consumer products. We all work hard for our money so we buy what we feel are THE BEST product(s) on the market. NFL 2k5 was THE BEST in my opinoin which is why I made the switch after being a Madden faithful since the very first JM game, Madden 91
Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #11
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Now I'm gonna have to bring up some things about 2k5 revolutionary presentation that weren't as great as we fondly remember. Horrible lip-sync. Carson Palmer spoke with a black mans voice. But still, it wins in my book. Hopefully, Madden will give us post-2k5 presentation come '10. But this has been a great series, Will. Very entertaining and nostalgic. Get to work on some more great articles!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 vs. Madden NFL 08 Part Four

NFL2K5 Had some great things for sure presentation like no other but had flaws like throwing to recievers who dont even react to passes thrown to them bouncing all the way around and if you didnt control a lb all other positions on defense seemed awkward. what kills me is how fluid apf2k is running or catching along with replays showing the ball in motion being thrown the speed of the passes and trajectory of the ball is im sorry to say way ahead of ea sports technology.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
I just bought my third copy of ESPN 2K5 ($5 on eBay) and I LOVE it. it is 1000x better than anything EA has put out. The player movements aren't very fluid and it is odd hearing Peyton Manning talk like a large black man, but a great GREAT game none the less.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:52 AM   #14
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

Nothing will ever top 2K's presentation. EA hasn't even tried because they dont need to
Old 04-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #15
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepOklahoma
Nothing will ever top 2K's presentation. EA hasn't even tried because they dont need to
qft
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »