Home

Why The MLB Should Care That The Show Changed My Life

This is a discussion on Why The MLB Should Care That The Show Changed My Life within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #17
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why The MLB Should Care That The Show Changed My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I think now they care about long term revenues and trying to combat the NFL and get back in the public's favor, but they screwed themselves by selling their souls during the McGuire/Sosa/Bonds steroids era.
I've seen zero evidence of MLB caring about long term revenues over the decade I've been making baseball games. They view gaming as a short-term cash grab, nothing more. You're aware, I'm sure, that MLB tried to shut down fantasy baseball a couple years ago. You might not be aware that they tried the same thing with online gaming while I was still at EA. Or that they were on the phone with EA within 5 minutes of the Madden deal, asking "Where's ours?" Plus some things that I can't share on these forums.

Also, how did the steroids fallout hurt MLB? Certainly not in the pocketbook, as fans have clearly indicated that they don't care about scandals. Not enough to stop going to games or buy team merchandise, at any rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 08-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #18
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
I've seen zero evidence of MLB caring about long term revenues over the decade I've been making baseball games. They view gaming as a short-term cash grab, nothing more. You're aware, I'm sure, that MLB tried to shut down fantasy baseball a couple years ago. You might not be aware that they tried the same thing with online gaming while I was still at EA. Or that they were on the phone with EA within 5 minutes of the Madden deal, asking "Where's ours?" Plus some things that I can't share on these forums.

Also, how did the steroids fallout hurt MLB? Certainly not in the pocketbook, as fans have clearly indicated that they don't care about scandals. Not enough to stop going to games or buy team merchandise, at any rate.
You are definitely right about the MLB's and other sports leagues viewpoints on games. They see it as a short term cash grab and not a way to make fans long-term. To me, I look at games as the best possible free advertising your league could get...but like I ended the article with, the leagues haven't yet caught onto that movement/viewpoint just yet
Old 08-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #19
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Why The MLB Should Care That The Show Changed My Life

I've got a couple questions about the game:

1.) Would you only use power swing (square) when using power hitters like David Ortiz or Ryan Howard?

2.) What's the easiest way to hit home runs? Do you aim where you want to hit the ball and hit X?

Sorry, I just got the game so I'm kinda noobish.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »