Home

Five Reasons Why the Dreamcast Ruled Sports Gaming

This is a discussion on Five Reasons Why the Dreamcast Ruled Sports Gaming within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #9
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8
Haha, the keyboard trash talk, I remember those days. The dude you're facing would have a huge play, then there'd be a delay then a little box at the bottom "Take that, bitch." It was so awesome.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #10
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
9-9-99 will never forget it!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 9
Even today, with all the "next gen" graphics, those are still of some of the best games. NBA 2K1, NFL 2K1, and virtua tennis are some of the best sports games I've ever played. You always felt in control of your players and team. From the analog control, the vibration of the controller, to the animations, to the presentation. The bar was raised to a new level. Gotta find me a dreamcast.!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6
man I miss my dreamcast. one of my favorite systems ever all because of the reasons you mentioned in this article/blog whatever you want to call it. Without a doubt the dreamcast launched the next gen sporting games that we know of today. I wish it would have succeeded!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5
I remember finding the worst glitch on a basketball game on nba 2k1 when before you dunk you hit the post up button and mid animation he would turn around in the opposite direction and dunk with out facing the hoop it would look like someone dunking on a invisible hoop lol thats priceless
Old 09-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Virtua Tennis was absolutely awesome!!! Tennis 2k2 was the best...You brought up Tony Hawk so you might consider this a sport (maybe not a sporting game) but Jet Set Radio was a cool game. Had some "different" challenges
Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #15
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Five Reasons Why the Dreamcast Ruled Sports Gaming

Ah yea the good ol' days. I remember going through 3 dreamcasts. Mine all broke around the same time, I have no idea why. But anyway, I remember the first time I played NFL 2k1. I had previously played the ish out of Madden 2001 on PC but when I put in 2k1 it was an entire new game. I was surprised at the animations and how deep it was. I remember seeing manually breaking tackles, real gang tackling (definitely not what was on the back of the box on Madden 2001 where you would get tackled and every defender in a 3 yard radius would fall down), leaping over the piles, diving and reaching for the first down marker, etc. It was so amazing. It even has some things that have yet to be seen in a Madden game.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #16
Rookie

htfdthewhale's Arena

OVR: 8
Virtua Tennis was amazing. My buddies and I would have huge tournaments and literally play for hours at a time. If you consider fishing a sport (debatable), Marine Fishing with the controller was boat loads of fun (pun).

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »